Learn how to search!!!!

Is it just me, or am I the only one who has noticed the same questions going in circles on our forum? Everyone needs to learn how to use the search engine, Its like theres this continous spam of "which pipe is best","how to change the oil", "valve shimming", etc. I hope I'm not the only one seeing this. Its awesome to have a forum where we can help each other with our problems but I've seen at least 16 "which pipe is best for me" topics in the past 6 days, which is ridiculous.

www.Thumperfaq.com has almost all basic maintence on there website with pictures usually.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. :naughty:

Oh god not another wrooster. :naughty:

Oh god not another wrooster. :naughty:

it could be worse. :naughty:

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I agree. I used to visit this forum many times a day, now I dont even feel like coming here because I spend more time looking through post then reading them, most of the time theres none worth reading.

There's always dirtrider.net :naughty:

I usually try to seach. However sometimes the info you come up with is out of date so sometimes I'll ask anyways. Some questions are totally rediculous though and you should be poked in the eye with a hot fire poker for asking. I mean questions like "I have a bog" or "what are some free mods for my WR" and such.

Oh god not another wrooster.

BURN!! :naughty:

There's always dirtrider.net :naughty:
We need a smiley for Yuck, or uncontrollable vomitting, or something. :naughty:
We need a smiley for Yuck, or uncontrollable vomitting, or something. :naughty:

yeh, the laughing smiley is really not as impressive.

I think people ask a question hoping for up to the minute advise. They want to know the latest ideas. If they wanted 6 month old ideas, they would subscribe to MXA. Sure, a serach would work, but how informative are the old oil threads? I wonder if the guy is going to find his Mobile 1 red cap we all recommended?

Welcome to the internet :cry::D

I wish I knew the exact quote but here's the gist:

Theoretically one could take a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters and sooner or later one will type out "(insert Fav literature title here)." With the advent of the internet we now know this theory to be false :naughty::D:naughty::p:D:D:D

Speaking of being on the internet, a friend sent me this:

http://gprime.net/video.php/reallifevsinternet

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

"It is better to be quiet and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt."

lol :naughty:

I usually try to seach. However sometimes the info you come up with is out of date so sometimes I'll ask anyways. Some questions are totally rediculous though and you should be poked in the eye with a hot fire poker for asking. I mean questions like "I have a bog" or "what are some free mods for my WR" and such.

I am glad you are so knowledgeable. I just posted a "I have a bog question". I would put my experience with a 250f both wrentching and definitley real world racing against anyone in this forum. But, I am still looking for ways to get better. The stupid question is the one not asked. And sometimes in the redundant questions new answers come.

Yeah some things have different questions but on the same topic, but topics like what exhaust should i get and what oil is the best just have to stop.

I am glad you are so knowledgeable. I just posted a "I have a bog question". I would put my experience with a 250f both wrentching and definitley real world racing against anyone in this forum.

This isn't a pissing contest there Alabamba man. I was simply giving an example of the repetative questions that are posted here and it's obvious that there was no search done before the post. Post like "I have a bog when I crack the throttle" or "what free mods can I do to my WR" or the most recent "Will the 06 have an aluminum frame?" get old. If you've done a search and can't find a specific or up-to-date answer that's one thing, but if you're too lazy or stupid to do a search first then you deserve the smart ass remarks that people post on your thread. I read your "I've got bog" thread and you have a specific question with good info to go on. Don't get your panties in a wad so easily, damn.

That's really sad - not sure whether the original thread is worse than those that took the time to respond.

It did bring a smile on my dial though

on that note, you guys will love this one... :naughty:

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I continue to stunned by the concept the humans are the most intelligent species occupying the planet. :naughty:

Me too! :naughty::naughty: