Sign in to follow this  

about to install boyesen quickshot - tips or tricks

I just received the boyesen quick shot in the mail yesterday and am going to install it tonight. I am not super mechanically inclined so I thought I'd ask the pros.

- I ordered a new diaphragm from service honda

- Can I ssume that the timing screw does not need adjustment? it sounds like others have not had to mess with it

- How do you unhook the wires on top of the carb so that it will twist freely?

- It says to adjust fuel screw 1/4 turn out from stock. I have the JD kit so do I find where it idles the highest and then go out another 1/4 turn?

- I want to make sure this thing is performing at optimal level

Thanks in advance

I just received the boyesen quick shot in the mail yesterday and am going to install it tonight. I am not super mechanically inclined so I thought I'd ask the pros.

- I ordered a new diaphragm from service honda (Why?)

- Can I ssume that the timing screw does not need adjustment?(Yes) it sounds like others have not had to mess with it

- How do you unhook the wires on top of the carb so that it will twist freely?(Take off the Seat and Gas tank and Unplug it)

- It says to adjust fuel screw 1/4 turn out from stock. I have the JD kit so do I find where it idles the highest and then go out another 1/4 turn?(?) I just adjusted the screw per instructions, worked fine!

- I want to make sure this thing is performing at optimal level

Thanks in advance

Search the forum for accelerator pump. I replied to one guy exactly what I had to do step by step. good luck! Kinda a bitch! But still better than pullin the carb.

I got your step by step printed out. Thank You. I cannot disconnect the throttle sensor for the life of me. It will not come apart. Any ideas?

Thanks

You should be able to just twist the carb in the boots and reach the cover.

Make sure you use the proper screw driver - it needs to fit snugly in the screw heads that hold the pump cover on. They are called butter bolts for a reason - they strip exceptionally easily if you don't have a driver that fits perfectly

Don't replace anything other than the cover - you shouldn't NEED to. Just remove the three bolts, remove the cover - watch for the spring & diaphram so they don't jump out, put the new cover on and screw it down. Turn the carb back to it's home position, tighten the bolts. Shouldn't take much more than 15 minutes.

You'll love the Boyesen - made a huge difference on both my 450R & 450X. Throttle response is killer.

yes you can do it right on the bike fairly quickly,

10 min deal !!

i just did one for a customer saturday , ! :naughty:

Does the honda kit come with the gauge for the accellerator pump duration?

The kit for the YZF450 does and I checked the duration to see that it was off from stock compared to the gauge reading .I believe it is either 10mm or 100mm on the gauge.

This will fine tune for even better results - :naughty: