leakage

Curious guys, was changing out my rear sprocket today and was looking over the bike and noticed that behind my front sprocket there is some leakage. I say behind my front sprocket to kinda give you an idea as to where the leakage is coming from. If you look at the CS from the side, I can see some fresh oil? What do you guys think this is and would it be covered under warranty for a repair?

didnt your chain come off recently?

Yes it did. I didn't notice any damage to the case other than some scratches, think it could be something else? I plan on breaking the bike down this weekend to grease my wheels and give it a good cleaning so maybe I can have more info for you then.

i would be concerned that the counter shaft may be bent.

Dirty, How much oil are you talking about? Was it puddled on the ground or gatherred on the bike itself?

I was surprised you didn't get more damage from that chain incident than you did. There are some deep scratches, maybe something got messed up that we couldn't see right away, and got worsenned with time. Just a thought.

Why you changing your sprocket anyway?

I don't think the warranty goes to 8000 miles, but I could be wrong! :naughty:

Good luck! And hi to Mrs Dirty South and where is Junior?

I don't think the warranty goes to 8000 miles, but I could be wrong

1 Year or 12,000 miles , however the failure was not a result of stock item.

Like burned said the seal is leaking , and possibly a result of slightly bent shaft.

Or maybe the seal and spacer are just not good.

Dirty, How much oil are you talking about? Was it puddled on the ground or gatherred on the bike itself?

I was surprised you didn't get more damage from that chain incident than you did. There are some deep scratches, maybe something got messed up that we couldn't see right away, and got worsenned with time. Just a thought.

Why you changing your sprocket anyway?

I don't think the warranty goes to 8000 miles, but I could be wrong! :naughty:

Good luck! And hi to Mrs Dirty South and where is Junior?

Flux, no puddling, the more I look at it the more it looks like it is slinging off the chain when I get it sloppy wet :naughty: . I put a 44t back on for the ride to and from work. I like the 47t but on the slab it gets annoying and makes my arse hurt more from the vibes. As far as the little one goes, we went to the DR. monday and he said if she isn't here by friday to come in friday and we will make "plans". By "plans" I am assuming he will be wanting to look at inducing labor so I may be a poppa this weekend.

Well, you be sure to give me an update, Daddy South, and good luck to you all. I know things will be crazy for awhile but be sure to stay in touch bro.

I don't think the warranty goes to 8000 miles, but I could be wrong

1 Year or 12,000 miles , however the failure was not a result of stock item.

Like burned said the seal is leaking , and possibly a result of slightly bent shaft.

Or maybe the seal and spacer are just not good.

I wasn't questioning how long the warranty was in effect, mine came with a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty. I was asking if the leak was covered under warranty or not if in fact it was a leak. Looks like it is buildup coming off of the chain. Oh yeah Flux, I will call you and let you know when the event goes down.

You're right I should have said 12month unlimited mile, instead of 12,000 miles, slight memory lasp>G<

I put a new seal and spacer in my bike around 14,000 miles Not alot of dirt and no sign of rust, it was still fine and would have went double that distance(no wear line). I've got about that many miles on this present spacer and seal but will run it longer. I've got new parts and when I put a new CS sprocket on 6 or 7 thousand ago, I just decided to let it ride going by the look of the first one, although some have them fail much quicker.