230F Disc-brake mod

Alright!

There are many talented readers out here with the knowledge, tools, or desire to design a rear disk brake mod-kit for our CF230's. We should be able to modify the existing swing arm to accept a rear caliper. The CRF230 is becoming more popular amongst us older riders who would really like to have the advantages of a rear disk brake. Anyone have any thoughts?

The European and Japanese market CRF230's (still called XR's overseas) come equipped from the factory with a rear disc brake.

Know anybody over there that could order up the parts??

I have read previous posts but how are we to get our hands on this option. I'm sure the parts are all available locally if we had a modified swing arm. I sure wish someone like BBR would step up to the challenge.

How bout this for a ready made "bolt on" rear disc setup? :naughty:CRF230Fenduro.jpg

HM, Honda / Montessa (Belgium, Spain and Italy) have this model available in their homeland, but wont sell parts to the US, I tried. Anyone with contacts in these countries???......Karl

:naughty:

Exactly!

So let's put our American ingenuity to work by showing the rest of the world we can do it without their help. If someone would offer a modified swing arm on a exchange basis the rest of the parts necessary could be purchased by the individual off Ebay or a salvage yard.

I doubt they modified the swingarm.

All you need is a hub to mount the disc to, then you just need a caliper carrier that has a hole for the axle and a slot for the brake locater tab that is already welded on the swingarm.

If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will show them, I just completed a rear disc conversion on my CRF150

post you bike on the TT garage. You can upload pics there :naughty:

Thank you for the suggestion, but how do I post my bike on the TT Garage??

Figured out how to post, but now my file is to large and i have to reduce it, now I have to figure this out