Sign in to follow this  

Virginia City GP

OK, I'm not quite sure how it happened. Some how I managed to let myself get signed up for the VCGP this year :naughty: Only one or two problems: I've never ridden anywhere near Virginia City. The race webpage doesn't give a whole bunch of info, so I'm turning to you guys for the scoop. :naughty:

1. What kind of conditions are we looking at this year (and over all for that matter)? Sand? Mud? Rocks? I spend most of my time riding the rabbit trails of Clear Creek, so I've seen a decent range of conditions but I'd like some idea of what to expect.

2. What kind of tire are you guys running? I normally run an M12 front and a 756 rear just about year round (on a DRZ400 btw). Any suggestions?

I'm sure I'll come up with more, but I still have a few weeks to get ready (assuming Chuck get the BRP back together in time - otherwise he'll be riding my nephew's PW80 and I'll be laughing too hard to ride anyway).

Seph (#19N, so some of you will eat my dust for a few minutes at least)

:D I've never ridden it.........but, I've talked to a number of folks who have. :naughty:

Everyone tells me it's a tough race. It will beat the rider and the bike up hard. Lots of rocks! Hill climbs of death. They're telling me it's gonna be a real beach! :naughty:

:naughty:ROCKS...ROCKS...ROCKS...ROCKS..ROCKS..AND MORE ROCKS!! :D Tire selection is fine..I ran S-12's last year without a problem.. :D It's a fun race, just relax and have a good time..I'm racing Saturday..#27..third row :naughty:

:D ...Lots of rocks! ...

:D

That's all I need to know - Now I HAVE to get the BRP back together - I LOVE rocks :D

Did I mention that mudholes :D:D:naughty: are now my least favorite :cry:

# 18 on saturday's race :naughty:

:naughty:ROCKS...ROCKS...ROCKS...ROCKS..ROCKS..AND MORE ROCKS!! :D Tire selection is fine..I ran S-12's last year without a problem.. :D It's a fun race, just relax and have a good time..I'm racing Saturday..#27..third row :D

Second row saturday:thumbsup:

Fair warning to third row - I'm thinking Terraflex with the talk of all these rocks - pass quick - I'll be doing my best to send most of those rocks airborne! :naughty:

The start is on pavement :naughty: Just long laps (30 miles) and three hours of race time. I love rocks to...hate deep mud...love sand now.. :D Don't listen to rumors about the race, its a lot of fun and as hard as you want it to be (on Saturday) :naughty: You can even wear your pajamas during the race :D

is that this weekend? i'm glad i'm missing it. SNDR is putting on a 3-loop hare and hound (95-ish miles) near caliente with lots and lots of singletrack.

you're getting good info here. rocks rocks and more rocks. zero technical difficulties. well, there was one short little rocky wash climb with big rocks that some folks had trouble on. mostly it's fast rocky fire-roads tho. i would adjust my suspension softer than normal cuz by lap 3 or 4 (i did 4 2 yrs ago) you'll be getting pretty battered.

Who's going? :naughty:

May have a third row spot open for Saturday's race..#26 waiting for vcmc to approve transferring the spot..The person injured himself during the Enduro at Clear creek..Let me know if your interested by Thursday :naughty: Just reimburse the person his $43 :D

Domenic

Who's going? :naughty:

# 18 - row 2 XR650R = Chuck - see you there :cry:

May have a third row spot open for Saturday's race..#26 waiting for vcmc to approve transferring the spot..The person injured himself during the Enduro at Clear creek..Let me know if your interested by Thursday :naughty: Just reimburse the person his $43 :D

Domenic

We had one on row 2 drop out and his buyout got sent back to row 9. You could always bid high for the row 0 spot and get way out front :D

My little XR will be banging it out long after I've had enough, but three hours - man, that would only get me about 25 miles at Clear Creek and then I have to spend 10 minutes picking branches out of my bike :D

The race is great fun.As far as I can see it will be close to year before last. (No sutro canyon) loose mine tailings,lots of rocks.Have good tubes. Moose Or fly thick tubes. I'll be starting row 4 on sunday

See you suckers this weekend.. :naughty: Bench racing is over... :naughty: Iron man Slyco have fun at rats ass carnigie :D

what kind of beer you got in your pits?

my favorite is 'cold' but I'm not picky :naughty:

Thanks for the offer :D

Good luck on sunday! :naughty:

I'll be there around 7:00... :naughty: Slyco there's still a spot available, if you change your mind.. :D Heck it will be sunny in Nevada all weekend.. :naughty:

:naughty: Dude!

I just found out my wife's father is coming up for the weekend! Oh No! :D

Now getting away on Sunday is iffy! :naughty:

:D Man looks like Bob and you are stuck in for the weekend..300MXC may just be the ticket for me this weekend. :naughty: or even a 501 Wolf.. :naughty: