Jetting questions

On the 650L does the pilot jet control the Idle? Or does the main jet have something to do with the idle as well. Just wondering because I drilled out the slide and did the mods. I first put in a 160 main and a 58 pilot and the bike didn't want to idle for too long, but under throttle it ran perfect. I decided to turn in the mixture screw from 2 turns down to 1 and it started to idle better. So I went and got a 158 main and a 55 pilot and adjusted the mixture screw to 2 1/2 turns out and the bike seems to run and idle perfect. But I just want to be sure that its not to lean. Should I try the 160 main and 55 pilot. Or should I put the 158 main and the 58 pilot together. That is why I was wondering if the main jet affects the idle? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also thanks everyone for the past help.

Its tough to take the patience to change only one thing at a time, which is why I put allen-head screws in to mount the bowl- I can pull the bowl with everything in place.

The main won't affect the idle, the pilot might just barely affect the main, but not by much.

If you have the stock exhaust, the 158 should be fine.

Did it run full-throttle better with the 158 or the 160?

Dave