Sign in to follow this  

Ugg, anyone else waiting on Kibblewhites?

My head has been torn apart for months waiting for the KPMI kit to come in. Sucks! Oh well, I guess this gives me a good excuse to give some TLC to the rest of the bike. It still sucks though, I'm dying over here!

why not go back with oem stock?

buy them via the oem tt store and it's NOT that much now.

get new springs and chain too.

all told under 280 i estimate

Yeah, I've just had it in my head that I wanted to go SS. Now that I've waited this long, the thought of switching to OEM is painful. I forget the psychological term for this type of thought pattern! (wait, don't answer that!)

Anyway, not that OEM is "bad" because it certainly isn't. I've just heard/read a lot of good things about the KPMI kit and wanted to give it a shot.

I do already have a new cam chain if that counts!

Check with Randy at www.fastmannracing.com Randy has loads of SS valves, springs, etc. He specializes in Motocross Bikes. Does Engine, Suspension, etc. He has some great sources for the valves through a couple of manufacturers.

Yeah, I've just had it in my head that I wanted to go SS.

and you are getting new valve springs as well, to deal with the heavier SS valves?

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Yeah I'm waiting on Kibblewhite SS valves for my CRF250X. My head is with Eric and Rich over at Forward Motion. Kibblewhite keeps saying 2 weeks, and that's every 2 weeks. But I'm sticking it out for now, I really want the good stuff... If the "2 weeks" is still going by the end of May I will have no choice but to go back with OEM's. We'll see?

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. The head is actually at Forward Motion. I sent it in Feb 7th for a tune-up/rebuild. Rich was able to get to it within the week so it's been sitting there, all pretty and clean for 2.5 months. He's just been waiting on KPMI to send him inventory (wrooster, yep, the whole kit including beefy springs, definitely not just the valves. :naughty:). I guess they've been on back-order since Xmas. KPMI had indicated the YZF kits would be available mid-March. It's now almost May. :naughty: Anyway, I talked (wrote) Rich who said he was going to try to scrounge up a kit for me by the weekend. Hopefully he can work his magic as I'm really not sure what's up with KPMI.

I guess the kibblewhite kits won't be available until mid june. :naughty:

Looks like I'm going back to the Ti...