Rekluse not for Husky?

I love it when you kill it going down hill with the brake at really slow speeds. Pull in the clutch, pull in the de-comp lever, drop it in second, let out the clutch and then the de-comp lever, the bike has just restarted at 2 MPH with no rear wheel lock up. That scenario is invaluable to me. Can you do this with a Recluse?

You won't HAVE to do all that with the Rekluse though. To answer your question...no you can't because it will free wheel but your stalling days are over, period.

So when you are going down that hill in first, really slow slow like you would have to pull in the clutch to not kill it, will the Rekluse shut off and you will be free wheeling? Is that why you will never kill it with the Rekluse?

Can you still use the clutch with the Rekluse? Like in a start where you pull in the clutch, put it in second, rev it up to where the Rekluse whould have you going, then drop the clutch and go?

So no roll starts with the Rekluse? If you stop on a hill with the bike in gear the bike will roll backwards? It will free wheel in gear with the engine not

running?

At what RPM does the Rekluse disconnect? Does it affect engine braking?

Any other negatives you can think of besides maybe what I mentioned above?

Thanks

I've got one in the 510 and am waiting for the new ones to fit the CR125's YAHOO!:naughty:

Bad news, I send Rekluse my CR125 clutch and it is to different to make anything current work and they do not want to tool up for a run on a bike like this which they figure will sell in very small numbers.

I'm bummed as I had some big ideas for that one.

I have one other idea I am exploring but will will have to see. I'll keep you posted.

Kelly

I have one in my 04 TC450 set up for the woods. WOW. It is awesome. possibly the perfect machine for anything but the tightest woods. Cant stall it, gobbs of power, love the 5-speed! just revalved the suspension (I would have anyway) and throw on a light kit (already has the generator) and its ready. You just have to get used to the fact that since you are not covering the clutch as you would normally when squeezing between trees, if you tag a tree & accidentally grab a fist full of throttle, it is tough to get to that clutch before things go very wrong. I wish they would make one for my WR250, then everything would be right in the universe.

So when you are going down that hill in first, really slow slow like you would have to pull in the clutch to not kill it, will the Rekluse shut off and you will be free wheeling? Is that why you will never kill it with the Rekluse?

Can you still use the clutch with the Rekluse? Like in a start where you pull in the clutch, put it in second, rev it up to where the Rekluse whould have you going, then drop the clutch and go?

So no roll starts with the Rekluse? If you stop on a hill with the bike in gear the bike will roll backwards? It will free wheel in gear with the engine not

running?

At what RPM does the Rekluse disconnect? Does it affect engine braking?

Any other negatives you can think of besides maybe what I mentioned above?

Thanks

Hi Flame! When going down hill with the rekluse, it will freewheel if you don't keep the revs up a little. I find that I'm using my brakes a lot more going down hills with the autoclutch. You can still use your clutch lever but there really isn't that much of a need to. Just gas it and go. It will roll back on a hill when the bike is in gear! You can adjust the stall speed with different spring rates that come with the clutch. It takes a little getting used to, but now that I'm using it, I really like it!