my 450 sounds like a diesel truck! :(

got it back from a friend and the thing is making some hella racket in the engine. :naughty: the tranny was low on oil but no metal. the oil was grayish. my friend said that he changed the oil on the eng side and when they started it the oil leaked out b/c the plug wasnt tightened. i am thinking now that they rode it a bit before noticing the oil leak. :naughty: so now it makes some racket like a bad bearing or something. any ideas on what would be bad that needs to be changed before i tear it apart? the tranny may have been low b/c of oil moving into the eng side...or is it usually the other way around? i took the top end apart last nite and, aside from the exhaust valves (decomp) being way too loose, it looked fine. no signs of overheated oil or burning. any help would be appreciated. yeah i know....some friend... :D

Wow that sucks :naughty: ...........I would tell yer friend to keep his ATM card handy :D ...............some friend :naughty: ..........again thats sucks Bro.

thats one reason i dont let nobody ride my bikes :naughty:

check your counter balancer shaft and bearings make sure you measure the shaft where the roller bearing runs

thats one reason i dont let nobody ride my bikes :naughty:

I let anybody ride my 2005 CRF 450 because you can't kill it as long as you mix the oil and clean the air filter but, then again I put a CR 500 motor in it!

that sucks , I hope they didnt run it without oil & realy hurt it ,ron is probably wright though , that wont be too hard to fix

that sucks , I hope they didnt run it without oil & realy hurt it ,ron is probably wright though , that wont be too hard to fix

They admitted running it low on oil....left the drain bolt loose...

Knocking is NOT good...lower end rod bearing bad maybe...it had less than a quart of sludge in it when davbrucas got it back supposedly "fixed"...

Anyways, the involved party did NOT fix it right, they LIED about what was done to "repair" it....I say, "show me the repair bill" :naughty:

Looks like I am going to tear it the rest of the way down...will post back what I find...davbrucas is one of my best friends in a small, small group...

WOW... that sucks.... any motor ran with no oil can almost be conciered toast. atleast it didnt seize up and throw a rod threw the side. yet again another reason why absoultly noone rides my bike even when im there!!! good luck

They admitted running it low on oil....left the drain bolt loose...

Knocking is NOT good...lower end rod bearing bad maybe...it had less than a quart of sludge in it when davbrucas got it back supposedly "fixed"...

Anyways, the involved party did NOT fix it right, they LIED about what was done to "repair" it....I say, "show me the repair bill" :D

Looks like I am going to tear it the rest of the way down...will post back what I find...davbrucas is one of my best friends in a small, small group...[/quote sounds like dave has at least one good freind :naughty::naughty:

thanks for the comments...

ron, i will check that out. but i will probably just replace all of the bearings in the bottom end. how much different is spliting the cases on the 4strokes comnpared to the 2strokes? i can do a 2stroke very easily...as far as the tranny is concerned...

Dave the Honda engine is a precision part that requires expert hands and knowledge to be worked on you just can not cut them open take parts out and expect them to heal there selfs

Dave the Honda engine is a precision part that requires expert hands and knowledge to be worked on you just can not cut them open take parts out and expect them to heal there selfs

well, that works in the hospital! :naughty: of course i am not going to start tearing things apart haphazardly! if i can rebuild my DOHC mustang cobra engine i think i can change some bearings in a motorcycle! :D rapture is going to help as well....i think. :naughty:

Dave from what I have read in your & rap,s post,s you guys should have no problems , if this helps , what I do when I tear down a engine for the first time is bag each component as I pull it apart ,keeping any nuts /bolts /shims /etc. together with each assy.

Dave from what I have read in your & rap,s post,s you guys should have no problems , if this helps , what I do when I tear down a engine for the first time is bag each component as I pull it apart ,keeping any nuts /bolts /shims /etc. together with each assy.

yessir...as a physician, i have to be detail oriented! but, if i have any problems i have the plethora of consolidated knowledge known as Thumpertalk! :naughty: :naughty:

the same thing happend to my nieghbors. it turned out to be where the hedder pipe connects to the tail pipe. the bolt was loose. he thought he might have to adjust his valves :naughty:

got it back from a friend and the thing is making some hella racket in the engine. :D the tranny was low on oil but no metal. the oil was grayish. my friend said that he changed the oil on the eng side and when they started it the oil leaked out b/c the plug wasnt tightened. i am thinking now that they rode it a bit before noticing the oil leak. :D so now it makes some racket like a bad bearing or something. any ideas on what would be bad that needs to be changed before i tear it apart? the tranny may have been low b/c of oil moving into the eng side...or is it usually the other way around? i took the top end apart last nite and, aside from the exhaust valves (decomp) being way too loose, it looked fine. no signs of overheated oil or burning. any help would be appreciated. yeah i know....some friend... :naughty:
the same thing happend to my nieghbors. it turned out to be where the hedder pipe connects to the tail pipe. the bolt was loose. he thought he might have to adjust his valves :naughty:

What?

I was just teasing Dave and trying to be a smart as .and im sure that when hes taking parts out of a person that he bags and marks them

I was just teasing Dave and trying to be a smart as .and im sure that when hes taking parts out of a person that he bags and marks them
I figured you were messing with him :naughty:

i knew his intentions... :naughty:

i assure you that this is not header pipe rattling going on! i am not that mechanically naive! :naughty:

David...I call your phone....no answer, answering service, leave message...

Where u at?