No iridium plug for xr 400?

The thread about iridium plugs on another forum got me thinking that they might be worth a try. But the NGK & Denso websites list them for XR250, 600 & 650 but no listing for the XR400. What gives? Am I not looking in the right place? Does anyone have a part#?

I think there is one made as a cross for the XR400. There is no proof these have any benefit for the XR. Save yourself some bucks and use the Factory plug. I have never had plug related issues. I change the plug once a year when I do all the bearing cleaning and lube.

I think it was the IX24......... cant remeber :D ....and I'm too lazy to do a search :D

But someone did it here with great results :naughty:

But I'm with cmano on this one stick to the factory plug........I didnt want the chance of a fancy smancy plug fouling..........althought I've got the same plug in me bike for 3 years..........and I think the one in my tool kit might be broken............. :D ...........come to think about I better check it out :naughty:

It is the IX24 and I have been running one for over a year with NO problems at all.

It starts better and runs stronger than with the stock plug. Try it, you'll like it.

Yeah, I have never had any problems with the stock plug. But if an aftermarket carb or exhaust can cost hundreds of dollars, I will gamble 15 bucks on a spark plug. Jeff in RC - where do you buy the Denso's?

I think there is one made as a cross for the XR400. There is no proof these have any benefit for the XR. Save yourself some bucks and use the Factory plug. I have never had plug related issues. I change the plug once a year when I do all the bearing cleaning and lube.
Just my experience with iridium plugs in an XR250, TTR125LE, CRF150, XR100, and KLX300. Every one of the bikes start easier cold, run smoother and start easier (more predictible) after dumping over.

The one easy to duplicate test: Start your bike cold with the choke on full and see how long the bike will idle with the stock plug before starting to sputter and cough. Then do the same with the iridium.

How much are they................the stock plug for my 450X is $20.00 &%$#@! :naughty::D ...........they must make em out of diamonds or sumthing :naughty:

How are you liking that "X" ?

The IX cost me about $12.00 and works great and you can get them at any bike shop, if they don't have it they should be able to order it. We have a parts and service shop here in town and they can order ANYTHING and they don't charge me shipping for any parts that I order, can't complain.

How are you liking that "X" ?

Loving every minute :D:naughty::naughty: ..........Its the same feel of the XR4 with the ALOOP...........but the suspesion is awesome :D

The IX cost me about $12.00

:naughty: ..............must investigate further :naughty:

What's the part number for the XR400 Iridium plug?

Thanks,

RH

It is the IX24 and be sure to do the resistor mod at the same time, do a search and you'll find it.