Sign in to follow this  

Now that Mobil1 Changed up their oils whacha usin?

Just double checking with the pro's. Since Mobil1 changed their oil line up, it no longer just Mobil1 15w50 Red Cap. Looks like the new 15w50 is the Mobil1 Extened Performance. Is this what you guys that were using Mobil1 changed to?

shamless bump for a reply. Gonna change the oil this weekend. Bike has run GREAT thru 2 enduro's and a few weekend rides. The Extended Performance hasn't blown it up atleast. :)

I just bought a gallon of the rotella syn. at wal-mart for about $14. So that is way cheaper than the mobil1, but is it as good?

Ignored, probably. This was ten days without an oil thread. A record?

LOL!

We had so many "which oil" threads going in April that nobody cared.

I just bought a gallon of the rotella syn. at wal-mart for about $14. So that is way cheaper than the mobil1, but is it as good?

I would say so, though keep in mind that it is a 5w40, while the Redcap was a 15w50.

Though Redcap was used all over the place, it's a little heavy for my taste, and even here in the SoCal desert, I still prefer to run a lighter weight (like the 5w40). The 40 top end is good to 114 degrees, and as Greyracer so eloquently puts it, above 114, if something goes wrong, you become a statistic very quickly, therefore, no riding above 114, no need for a 50w oil.

That said, I have promised GR an oil analysis of the Rotella, but unfortunately, it's going to take a while. See above reference to heat...

I won't be doing a lot of riding this summer. I'm not quite ready for an oil change, and my next move will be to install a YZ cam. This means that unless I do an oil change now (at only about 70 miles), I'm going to have assembly lube in the oil at the next change. That's going to not only throw off some of the chemical analysis, but will also impact the VI, which is the primary area of concern.

I WILL be doing that oil analysis, but it might be November before I can do it.

I wonder if the mobil 1 extended is the same formul;ation as the Mobil 1 Delvac diesel that I've been running for a few years. I know truckers are running the Delvac for extended drain intervals. Any oil guys know for sure?

Amsoil 10w-40 You will never use another oil once you use it. The best out there in my opinion. I run it with the Scotts Filter and bike runs cooler which is enough reason for me to use it on my WR.

Amsoil 10w-40 You will never use another oil once you use it. The best out there in my opinion.

guess what sparky.

i went through over 2 cases of amsoil and now i do NOT use it.

good oil that is correct. best = hardly. price = absurd.

guess what sparky.

i went through over 2 cases of amsoil and now i do NOT use it.

good oil that is correct. best = hardly. price = absurd.

When did you use it? The just came out w/ a new blend in April? The next time I change oil I'm sending some for a UOA.

What is your reasoning behind not using it? Just curious, I would be interested in knowing. I have always run that oil in everything I own. Are you sure its not user error? You pay for what you get with any oil. Cheap oil, cheap stuff.

Its one thing to POST Oil info, but its another thing to KNOW the facts on the gov regulated tests..... Thanks for coming across rude....

kzoo & wr nova,

see the search button. use it.

i've been posting oil info (not the garbage 99.9999% spew) on tt for over 4 years. ALL on the yz250f.

Calm down sparky, I was asking a simple question... :)

When did you use it? The just came out w/ a new blend in April? The next time I change oil I'm sending some for a UOA.

See my reply above, read it again.... I stated that I also was going to send out my next oil sample and simply wanted to know when you last used AMSOIL? If it was their previous or new line... Don't want to be lumped into the 99.9999% spew catagory. I don't know what I would do with myself :)

you guys just have to know SUnruh, he's not being rude he's just typing fast and leaving out the niceties. :) His brain is working faster than his pudgy little fingers can type and hence only the pertinent parts of the sentences get typed. In his brain he's a saint but his fingers are slow little devils. :)

kzoo & wr nova,

see the search button. use it.

i've been posting oil info (not the garbage 99.9999% spew) on tt for over 4 years. ALL on the yz250f.

From using the Search button, what I can tell is that Amsoil gets alot more recomendations on here than Valvoline does. Any suggestions as to why that is? For a moderator, your not very nice.

you guys just have to know SUnruh, he's not being rude he's just typing fast and leaving out the niceties. :) His brain is working faster than his pudgy little fingers can type and hence only the pertinent parts of the sentences get typed. In his brain he's a saint but his fingers are slow little devils. :)

Thats understandable....I just don't know him.