250f vs 125?

a yz250f would kill a ttr 125 no problem, there is nothing you could possibley do to make a ttr even close to a yz250f, an 85 will even whoop that bike, trust me i used to have all of them, i currently have two yz250f's and my 05' is alot faster than my 01 in stock form, and my 01 has a pro circut moded engine in it, trust me they rip in stock, and unless your an A rider then you could easily race a stock 250f and be fine, it's the rider not the bike...

Hey guys i have a ttr 125 and im looking into the yz 250f's.From what ive heard people say the 250f's are slow in stock form? Is that true?Also how much would a 250f beet a ttr125 with an airbox mod?

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/misc/disinformation4_sm.jpg

i don't know who has been feeding you this info but you definitely have the wrong idea about the yz250f.

two questions for you...

do you see any ttr125's racing in the AMA 125cc class?

do you see any yz250f's racing in the AMA 125cc class?

think about that.

with equal riders, it will be just a matter of minutes before a yz250f laps a ttr125 (with any amount of mods on the ttr).

jim ak athe wrooster

'01 wr250f

Hey guys i have a ttr 125 and im looking into the yz 250f's.From what ive heard people say the 250f's are slow in stock form? Is that true?Also how much would a 250f beet a ttr125 with an airbox mod?

The YZ250F is the fastest bike in its class, hands down. Even the Honda guys will tell you that. In stock form, the YZ250F is faster than most manufacturer's (including Honda) modified 250 four-strokes. It is THE fastest.

...Oh, and a YZ250F would demolish even a big-bore TTR-125. Easily.

Well i currently own a ttr-125 and its a blast to rid if i do say so myself. Anyways when we were screwing around we wanted to see what it could go top end and i'd say about a half mile down the rode the little thing felt like it was going 50-55mph. From what ive heard on this forum the 250f can go 60-65 in about a 100 yards. Trust me the 250f is the way to go. P.S. keep that little ttr of yours, after you master that 250f its fun to go back and use it as you new play bike. :naughty:

if yooh go to logan built .com they say there 170 big bore toasted a 250 threw the first 4 gears :naughty:

translation please?

do you mean that if you poured tons of money into a honda accord that it could accelerate as fast as a porsche 959? what happens at the first corner? then what?

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

a 250f will be by no means slow in any form. the wrs are said to be slow by some people in stock form (no offense to some of you) but the 250f will destroy the ttr125 and the last time i checked 250fs are pretty much dominating the 125class also. just for fun i drag raced my ttr125 with bbr pipe, free flow airfilter kit, modded air box, and other stuff against a yz125 in a 200 yard drag race. well right after i let out the clutch i saw it wouldn't be a competition. he ended up beating me by about 100 yards :D in the woods though is a different story.

you don't sound like you know what your getting youself into... me on the otherhand am picking my 250f up in no more than 1-2 months :naughty::naughty:

ps.. i cant fricken wait

Heres what iv'e heard from this forum.The yfz/wr250f's are slow in stock form. Unless you do all the free mods.And if you go to loganbuilt.com and click on there 170 bigbore, they say it pulled holeshot and toasted a yz250f threw 4th...

OK again i am not sure why you think that the yzor the wr are slow stock. i really have no idea who has been feeding you that BS. i have yz250f and it is fast as hell and if your coming off of a ttr125 you wont even be able to use all of the power it has to offer with out feeling uncomfortable. and that 170 bore kit on a ttr125 i still that that the 250 would beat it hands down. and i don't think that anyone has said that either of those bike (wr or yz) are slow in stock. now a ttr125 that is slow stock hell with mods on it it is still slow. i came off of a ktm 300exc and that was fast the yz250f isn't has fast stock but it would keep up with it.

ps i am willing to bet alot of money that i could beat a ttr125 on only my back wheel

"Scott in Florida just received his new 170cc motor, raced a YZ250F and smoked it through the first four gears."

:D:D?

Why does this sound like a chain-letter :naughty::naughty::D

Emmett in TN broke the chain and 2 weeks later his leg fell off! :D

What did Scott smoke? The YZ or his 170cc motor? ? Possibly some leafy green plant? :D

Putting that sentence on your web page puts your credibility with the guys pushing the latest tomato slicer :D?

haha yeah i have both

comparing a yz250f to a ttr125 is like comparing the internet now to what it was 10 years ago

the only way its possible for a ttr to beat yzf is if the rider on the yzf was really bad and the ttr rider was really good even still not too sure :naughty:

heres proof from this same website...

I think you'll be fine with the WR provided you accept the fact that you *WILL have modify it for full potential. Completely stock it's a slow bike. Heck completely stock my old WR400 was slow.

If you do the free mods (and you'll practically have to), gear down the sprockets (perhaps 2 or 3 teeth added to the rear), and jet the bike correctly (BK mod included), it should pull you up the hills just fine.

I've noticed a bit of lack of bottom end on my stock '05 YZ250F. I'm a litle over 200lbs, which explains some of it. Hopefully the powernow and careful jetting exercise will solve the problem. Certainly gearing it down will help (still waiting on parts, but should be punchier down low).

I just came off a '98 KTM 250MXC...very similar to your bike. The KTM feels smaller, but the YZ feels lighter. Power is similar, but the 2 stroker seemed to have more guts on the bottom end (FMF torque pipe), but less hit in the midrange. Granted the motor needed a rebuild so I was probably not pushing max hps.

Hope that helps some...

and it was talkin about a wr for most of that stupid. i mean he said the yzf lacked a little big of bottom end but its a mx bike, it isn't meant to idle around. hes also over 200 pounds :naughty:

this may be the stupidest thing ive ever seen on thumpertalk :naughty: seriously man.. your argueing that a ttr125 could keep up with a yz250f. i love my ttr125 but id never say that it would keep up with that bike :D

"I've noticed a bit of lack of bottom end on my stock '05 YZ250F. I'm a litle over 200lbs, which explains some of it. Hopefully the powernow and careful jetting exercise will solve the problem. Certainly gearing it down will help (still waiting on parts, but should be punchier down low). "

OMG is this guy serious!! i have and 05' an 03' and an 01' and the all of them rip the 05' especially ****ing rips! maybe he says this because he putts around his yard in first gear and calls that riding....but to get the power out of any race bike you actually have to twist the throttle past the 1/4 mark...and all you have to do is keep the rpms up around the turn and your just fine, and even if you want to short shift it has plenty of power to blow anything away...what a moron.