Go see Dust to Glory!!!

What a great movie! The Bruce Brown's son really knows how to tell a story on film as good as his Dad did. Even my wife loved it! :naughty:

I agree -- it was great. :naughty:

What a great movie! The Bruce Brown's son really knows how to tell a story on film as good as his Dad did. Even my wife loved it! :naughty:

Is it in theaters? I don't keep up with movies as you can tell.

Even my wife loved it! :naughty:

Now that's sayin' something! :naughty:

I just got back from the theater in SLC. I took my two oldest boys. What a rush!

We could do that - 1000 miles with the three of us, that's only 333 miles each. But that 32 hour time limit is a problem - that means we have to average 31.25 mph - including pit stops - on those gnarly dusty roads. And we need a bike that can last that long with only minor repairs because we aren't very good mechanics.

On second thought - I'll just watch the movie!

This sucks. Possibly the best off-road flick in 30+ years and none of the theaters around here are carrying it. Not even a trailer, or a "coming soon" blurb before a movie. I hate Northern Cal. :naughty:

Zookeeper, how far north are u? I am pretty sure it is playing in Berkely. Go to the website for theater sites.

Just got back from seeing it. pretty cool. Malcomb Smith is in it alot of course. I grew up in his neighborhood and hung out w/ the crew. Great guy. 1000 miles...can't even imagine it. Go see it.

I agree with motojason, this movie rocks! My wife liked it also, and that is realy saying somthing, she falls asleep durring dirt rider adventures and leaves the room when I watch 2 wheel tuesday. I have allways dreamed of riding the Baja, seeing Mike Mcoy ride all 1000 miles by himself was incredible.

Great movie.

Zookeeper, how far north are u? I am pretty sure it is playing in Berkely. Go to the website for theater sites.

When I say "Northern California", I mean waaaaay North! I'm near Eureka, about an hour and a half from the border of Oregon. I don't know why it bothers me, but I like to go to Laguna Seca to watch races. It KILLS me to hear them call it Northern California! To me, it's like saying your navel is near your head! Halfway down the state is NOT northern Ca. But anyhoo, thanks for the info, I've already searched my brains out looking for a local theater showing it, none to be found. Poop.

Halfway down the state is NOT northern Ca.

Unless we have a "Middle California", then half way down the state is Northern California....technically.

According to my atlas, "Northern California" starts around Santa Cruz :naughty: Where do you think it should start? San Francisco? That'd be cool with me...I still wouldn't live in "Southern California" then :naughty:

For anyone looking to see this movie, the film site doesn't offer all the theaters showing the movie. I did a search for Dust to Glory and my city and several theaters came up with 20 minutes of my house. I would have never seen it at the theater if I relied on the film site.

Saw it last night, awesome movie. I get tired riding around after a few hours in the desert or track and to think these guys are going around 300 miles at race speed and some guys ride or drive solo is unthinkable. Talk about training.

I saw it too. It's playing sporadically all over. One showing here, one showing there.

They have the listings posted on their site.

I thought it was GGRRRREAT!!

I'll see it again.

My son and I saw it in SLC on opening night.

It was AWESOME. When/if it makes it to DVD, I'll own a copy. :naughty:

Keep in mind that its an IFC so it won't make it to most major theatres.

Dan

Fantastic movie - take your family. My wife, who basically tolerates my MX hobby absolutely loved the movie. Inspirational, exciting, and just plain amazing. Mouse McCoy is a madman - 1000 miles, alone - he is reason enough to see this movie, but there are so many more. I left the theater with Baja Stars in my eyes...time to start desert racing :naughty:

Eureka??? Awww, memories of '97-'00 for me!!! Graduated from Humboldt in may of '00... Not a hippie though!!! I didn't fit it!!!

is this movie out on film and if not does anyone know when?

yeah, good movie to see, it is interesting and 100% clean (besides all the dust :naughty: ) so you can take the family with no regrets

and my wife truly enjoyed it as well

check it out :naughty:

Saw it Friday night in Pasadena, look for ad in your local paper, there was a theatre closer than listed on the web in the ad. Fantastic movie, if you offroad you must see this movie.