Sign in to follow this  

hello there

so this is my 2nd post here, i just signed up. Im picking up an rmz250 here in a couple hours (its my 2nd mx bike that ive owned) and was wondering if theres anything i should look for to keep it running great. im buying it used from my friend who rode it for a couple months, blew it up, put an entirely new motor in it and rode it once since. how is the suspension? i weigh roughly the same as my friend, but he is a bit faster and has the suspension valved for his speed. should i be able to get it comfortable just by messing with the adjusters and preload? thanks in advance.

i dunno about vp, but my dad can get sunoco race fuel at work (he works at the big nascar track here in colorado) but i think were just going to run premium pump gas because thats what he runs in his crf450 anyways.

Do you own the best boots money can buy yet? Get those first. And lotsa socks.

i have a feeling this is a newb joke...

anyways im just curious because ive never really ridden 4 strokes at all and want to know what to expect. ive spent the past 4 years on a yz125, so all this 4 stroke stuff is really new to me still.

Should have no problems with the suspension,your both pretty much the same weight,if any adjustments are needed,just a few clicks in on the suspension should fix things. Enjoy your new bike!

i dunno about vp, but my dad can get sunoco race fuel at work (he works at the big nascar track here in colorado) but i think were just going to run premium pump gas because thats what he runs in his crf450 anyways.

I would only run race gas for racing, nothing else. Pump gas is great.

well, i ran into a little snafu. i guess the last time they put the rear wheel on they tightened up the chain so it would look better while sitting there so it would sell faster. turns out it was too tight and broke a case seal. so now im waiting for a couple days to pick the bike up while they have their mechanic at the local suzuki shop fix it. i was really hoping to ride tomorrow too.

With a 4T i'd run a 50:50 mix of race/pump fuel.