vor 503 jetting at alltitude

any one with experience of the 503 with the round slide carb

5000-10000 ft

thanks

Jonny

Hello Jonny

In the earlier VOR days I was a dealer and my best recommendation is a Keihin FCR carburetor. Failing that though, I now live in Montana and ride in similar altitudes.

I can offer this experience if it is of help, coming from a Southern California environment (500-1500 feet) and going to Montana and riding @ 5500 to 8500 feet has almost always been two jet sizes down.

But I have no idea of your current jetting or riding conditions.

I think I have a box of Dellorto's sitting around if you need a few, but the real answer is the Keihin FCR (I probably have a couple of those leftover too!)

Good luck,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff i am going to try a flatslide next if that wont work i would

want to try a kiehin what size would you recommend for singel track enduro

style riding

Jonny

Hi Jonny

Many (most) installed the 41mm Keihin and it easily handles it. That said, the 39mm carb will have better response at partial throttle openings. I guess if I was dedicating the bike to single track woods riding I would be inclined to use a 39.

Jeff

Hi,

I went through the jetting exercise with my 2001 400 EN last year. It has Dellorto carb also. The bike runs OK up to 12,500 feet and then starts sputtering. It runs great now in 5,000-10,000.

There are quite many older posts on jetting for high altitude in this forum if you'd like do a search. :naughty:

Hi,

I went through the jetting exercise with my 2001 400 EN last year. It has Dellorto carb also. The bike runs OK up to 12,500 feet and then starts sputtering. It runs great now in 5,000-10,000.

There are quite many older posts on jetting for high altitude in this forum if you'd like do a search. :naughty:

I agree... up to 10,000 ft. no rejet required up there providing you have it jetted properly to beigin with.