best bars........

Hi all

Was out riding today and it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm finding though the handel bars that are stock on my 2000 XR400 are forcing me to sit down. What bars are the best to replace the stock ones with? Rental,ect??????

Well Im not sure what the best brand would be but tall riders seem to like the cr high bend bars. Taller bars so should help you stand up better.

Im taller and I just moved my handle bars more forward so they arnt slanted back and it works fine for me. I can stand up more comfortably now without paying 60 dollars for something I already have :naughty:

Renthal standard 7/8" YZ80 bend.

Taller than CR highs, only 29" wide, but still allow room for all your controls.

In Dirtrider December 2000 they tested Thumper Racing handlebar risers that moved the bars up and forward. Im not sure if they sell them anymore but I have the same problem since im 6'1''.

I used to run the Pro-Taper "woods hi" (aka hawkins high) - it is 30" wide with room for controls etc. (just like a cr-mini-hi or the previoiusly mentioned yz-mini bar). I now have gone to the Doug Henry bend - very similar to a CR-HI but more comfy in the pullback. Slightly shorter than a CR-HI. The other bar that is popular with taller riders is the pastrana bend.

- jeff

I'm 6'4" and just added bar risers bar risers and a mini high bar from ksa racing. ksa racing KSA has (or at least had) a scratch and dent sale going on and I picked up the pars for $20. After putting the grips, levers, etc on them you can't tell them from new ones. Anyway, the difference in handling and comfort was amazing! If your over 6' a taller handlebar will make a huge difference.

Renthal standard 7/8" YZ80 bend.

Taller than CR highs, only 29" wide, but still allow room for all your controls.

..beat me to it! :naughty:

Can you only get the yz80 bend in the renthal brand? Or can you get a cheaper brand as I need new bars also.

Can you only get the yz80 bend in the renthal brand?

Yes. "yz80 bend" is Renthals make/model.

They should be $59 from Dennis Kirk.

Hint: Do not mistake for yz85 bend. Those are entirely different.

Oh ok, Thanks.

I put a pair of Moose CR high bend bars on my XR400. They work well.

If I had money (wich i don't) I would go with some risers... And if your broke like me just experiment with it more forward or back and what fits you..... You probally did this but just a suggestion.....

I went with Jimmy Button - Renthal

I'm 5'11'' or so.

Thanks all for your input :naughty: I guess i should have also mentioned that i have a street legal kit which might take up some room on the bars,also i'm about 5'9" (the short thick person :D ) Sounds like riser might be the way to go???

Please keep the replies comin so I can learn more.

later :naughty:

I tried the Renthal Charmichael bend which is tall and less sweep than the stock bars or the CR-HI bend. It is very different. Took me a while to adjust. It will keep your elbows up and you forward, but it isn't as relaxing.

I'd try the YZ80 bend next time.

Check the ThumperTalk.com store for price.