Sign in to follow this  

250F vs 450 quad

What's cool about Goobers is, when I make my kids their lunch's before school,I only have to open one jar instead of two.

Wow im just wondering guys.

I have no experience in dirtbikes but with what you guys have said im guessing you mean the 450 quad would be faster???

I have no experience in dirtbikes but with what you guys have said im guessing you mean the 450 quad would be faster???

no.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Finnally I get a response.

I didnt expect these smart ass answers

But thanks any ways guys.

:naughty::naughty::D:D:p:p:D:D:D:cry:

Come on dude seriously.

reread the question at the top of this thread.

now read what you wrote above.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

ps to steve,

time to take the garbage out to the curb.

I did and I dont quite understand how my original question was so amusing.

Its a 450 motor vs. a 250 motor and a quad is about half the weight more, I would think that they would pretty close in power so thats why asked maybe which was faster.

you can't compare a quad and a bike, it's apples and oranges.

faster at what?

acceleration?

turning?

jumping?

for example, follow me up this trail on your quad:

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/riding/04aug2003-sixdays/brian/DSCN4701_sm.jpg

in 50 yds the trees are 30" apart, the same as my wrf's cut-down handlebars. how fast are you going on a quad up through there? answer: 0 MPH.

so the reason you didn't get an answer is because there is none. there are places bikes can go really fast that quads can't even make it through. and when it comes to really deep mud, the situation may be reversed as the fat tires on the quad provide some flotation. but this "quad vs bike" question comes up once a month, and -- since it is potentially the stupidiest comparision possible -- the thread just degenerates as seen above. besides, i don't know if you've noticed but bike owners and quad owners get on with each other about as well as sailboat and powerboat owners. which could have something to do with the helmetless, drunk quad riders all over the country. :naughty:

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

man, i went riding today, just got home. What was the first thing i saw, idiots doing donuts on quads in the staging area. Like clockwork. sheesh.

Screw all you cocky dirtbike riders.

I hate people like you who dis quads, just because they have 4 wheels.

Ive seen numerous dirtbike riders that act like morons thinking they can do anything they want.

I happen to like quads and could care less how many wheels you ride on. That said though, the question as to which is faster a quad or a bike, that is a pretty stupid question. It's like asking which is faster, a Mustang GT or a GSXR 1000. :naughty: It all depends on what, where and when.

Ok i will agree I should of been more specific.

I want to know the comparison of the power of a 250F and a 450 quad because Im debating on which one to get.

If a 450 quad was lined up with a 250F in a drag race which bike would be faster and at which point in time?

I want to know the comparison of the power of a 250F and a 450 quad because Im debating on which one to get.

If a 450 quad was lined up with a 250F in a drag race which bike would be faster and at which point in time?

let's make sure that we have this straight... you are making your decision on whether to get a quad or a bike based on which is faster in a drag race?

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

ps:

please read the writeup in my sig to see what some people do with bikes.