Mike's Sky Ranch Ride

To all those riding the Tecate to Mike's ride on May 20 - 22 I just found out that there is going to be an International Boy Scout Camporee that weekend in Tecate!

Might want to make your travel plans accordingly!

Here's the link: http://www.scoutsbaja.com/camporee/Camporee.html

Unfortunately I don't hablo espanol too well and don't know if they will be anywhere near Rancho Veronica. One of organizers told me they expect about a thousand scouts.

Man, that would be great to see if we weren't riding that weekend. 1000 Scouts in one place. Neat! Steny :naughty:

Man, that would be great to see if we weren't riding that weekend. 1000 Scouts in one place. Neat! Steny :naughty:

Yeah, I was a little concerned about 'congestion' -- Tecate ain't too big of a place as I recall!

My youngest son just bridged into Boy Scouts (we were at the Scout Fair last weekend which is how I found out about the Camporee) and I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster and have been involved with him at the Cub Scout level for the last five years. He tells me he will make Eagle Scout (which is about 2% of the boys that start as Tigers) and I'm there all the way to support him.

To me, being an Eagle Scout is still a great accomplishment! I have a lot of respect for kids that can get there -- it's not an easy road!

Irregardless of the number of Scouts in the area we are still going to have a great time!

We will be ok because Rancho Veronica is several miles to the east of Tecate. Looking forward to the ride too. Steny

Camporee Internacional 2005

Asociación de Scouts de México, A.C., Provincia Baja California.

Boy Scouts of America. San Diego County.

14 y 15 de Mayo del 2005

Rancho Cañada del Sol, Km. 107 Carretera Tecate-Mexicali. Tecate, Baja California, México.

Off by a week, no? :naughty: