Sign in to follow this  

CRF450X HRC Hop Up Kit :-)

Can you describe what the kit is?

TA, that's like saying "I just downloaded a video of the Olsen Twins making out with each other" then not telling us anymore.

We want details man!! :naughty: RR.

Your Honda dealer has a lil black book with the competition mods such as jetting, I just learned about changing the "leakdown" jet and a few other things as well,I also just ordered the FMF Q2 Power Pack, it has PowerBomb Header and Power Now And a few jets. They were very forthcoming in sharing the info,and understood from riding them that the bike needs a few minor tweaks to perform at it's best. IT does not need a new pipe or power now but I want to start shaving some weight and get a little better throttle response. Besides it looks nicer than the stock pipe.

Honda HRC Hop Up Kit... Go to you local Dealerand ask for a copy of "The Wrench" for the '05 CRF450X..

Kit is: 2005 CRF450R: CAM / HEADER PIPE

#5 POS. 450X STOCK NEEDLE

162 MAIN / 65 LEAK JET

1.375 out air fuel screw

COMPLETE GUTTING OF AIR BOX

CUT "PINK WIRE"

I'm running: 168 main / 2 out air/fuel screw

swaped fmf "Q" to a '05 crf450r muffler

Twin air "Filter Kit"

:D:naughty::D:naughty::D

Would this kit be effective on a bike that is already slightly mod. I have TBT port work done and TBT carb work done, with a PC low boy Ti pipe and silence. I was also looking for suggestion on what compression to run (via piston). I am training for my Loretta Lynns regional (june 18-19th, Staples,MN) in the 250A and Fourstroke classes and I was curious if anyone had some advice on good Power gains. I need every advantage I can get. Thanks-

You say to change to a different leak jet? what does this do - and did what was it you noticed because of it - i ride at between 3000 and 7000 feet have a 165 main 48 pilot and the stock leak jet it runs great so far. The dealer told me honda doesnt make a different size leak jet - where did you get yours?

Thanks

The dealer told me honda doesnt make a different size leak jet - where did you get yours?

Honda doesn't make any jets for the FCR carb, however many different size leak jets are available for this carb.

BTW, The Wrench only has a recommendation of parts for the 450X; it is not an HRC kit. Unfortunately, the Honda parts system does not show a 65 leak jet, but any dealer can order it through Sudco, or any other distributor of Keihin carburetor parts.

In short, the leak jet controls the duration of the accelerator pump. A larger jet will squirt more fuel faster than a smaller jet.

BTW, The Wrench only has a recommendation of parts for the 450X; it is not an HRC kit. Unfortunately, the Honda parts system does not show a 65 leak jet, but any dealer can order it through Sudco, or any other distributor of Keihin carburetor parts.

In short, the leak jet controls the duration of the accelerator pump. A larger jet will squirt more fuel faster than a smaller jet.

WRONG! The leak jet does not control duration of the pump.That is another adjustment. It controls the amount of gas the pump sucks in. The bigger the jet the LESS it gets: hence the term "leak" jet. It leaks out more fuel with a bigger jet, giving the pump less fuel.

Krannie:

Thanks for correcting the misinformation. I am amazed at the bad advice given at times. Smaller leak=larger volume of fuel from the accelerator pump. Your diaphragm also contributes to timing, and I think the duration of the squirt. There is also an adjustment that sets the delay between increased throttle position and the amount of delay before the pump squirts. This is to keep the accelerator pump from squirting all of the time with small changes in the throttle position.

Since I am not a carb guru, and have to oil the cogs to think through this, I go with time proven remedies to CRFX woes. Specifically JD jetting kit, JD diaphragm-leak jet kit, cut the air box, disengage the pick wire if you want and either replace the stock muffler or pull the baffle if you want. Doing these things works, period. I absolutely cannot figure out why people try and reinvent the wheel when for a relatively small amount of money, approximately $100-200, you can purchase the parts necessary to get this bike running very well, and without the headaches of sourcing parts and information. :ride:

the honda part number for this jet is 99108-KSC-0650. it is the standard leakjet for the california spec crf250x. unfortunately most counter guys do not think creatively about the various part numbers honda uses.

gonridn

Thank you for the correction. That's not the first time I got that backwards.

Thanks for the part number. I tried doing the same as with Honda jets, by changing the 70 to a 65, but it didn't show up (yes, I have access to Honda part numbers, and no, I'm not a parts counter person).

You say to change to a different leak jet? what does this do - and did what was it you noticed because of it - i ride at between 3000 and 7000 feet have a 165 main 48 pilot and the stock leak jet it runs great so far. The dealer told me honda doesnt make a different size leak jet - where did you get yours?

Thanks

Your Honda dealer don't know much about bikes! There are pleanty of leak jets out there, I would go to a different dealership! Anyways the leak jet controlls how much gas is dumped into the diaphram on the carb, which then lets the gas combine with the air in the carb, or something like that!

Your Honda dealer don't know much about bikes! There are pleanty of leak jets out there, I would go to a different dealership! Anyways the leak jet controlls how much gas is dumped into the diaphram on the carb, which then lets the gas combine with the air in the carb, or something like that!

Ditto, My dealer stocks any and all jets for the fcr carb. As previously stated: the leak jet allows fuel to "leak" back into the bowl instead of it going through the pilot circuit. The larger the leak jet # the leaner the bike will run. I believe the diaphram controls the duration (length) of the squirt.

I am dealing with this "bog" issue on an '06 450x. I was told to change my leak jet from a 55 to a 50. I called today and picked up the jet today. I'm hoping this fixes my "blah" before I spend a whole day killing my bike on a tight trail.

I am dealing with this "bog" issue on an '06 450x. I was told to change my leak jet from a 55 to a 50. I called today and picked up the jet today. I'm hoping this fixes my "blah" before I spend a whole day killing my bike on a tight trail.

It will make an improvement, but the pre '07 models also need the 'detent spring' on the accelerator pump linkage upgraded. Merge racing.

It does what an 'oring' mod does, only correctly, and permanently.

With stiff detent spring will i need to use a larger leak jet or just stick with the smaller than stock jet?