05 Right side Hot Start Cable?

Has anyone had to lengthen their hotstart cable switching to the right side? How long did you make it? Did you have a steering stabilizer? Should I have a custom one made ? Let me know. Thanks. :naughty:

fcr, I have an 03 and went with a right side hotstart lever. I didn't have to get a longer cable, I just rerouted it differently to give more slack to the right side.

asv has the new right side hot start levers they dont have them on there web-site u called them yesterday they have them instock :naughty:

My DR D fit my 02 and now on my 05 no problems

If you rerouted the cable, how did you do it? Just rearrange things behind the front number plate?

If you rerouted the cable, how did you do it? Just rearrange things behind the front number plate?

It's been a while since I did it. I just took a look at it and all I really had to do was take out the center number plate mounting screw and swing the hot start cable to the right side of the screw rather then the left side. That allowed enough slack for the stock cable to work properly.

I figured as much. Thanks. :naughty:

MotoGreg, I have been watching that on E Bay...Did you have to show everyone!! Kidding.

Thanks guys

I have a Dr.D right side installed on my 05, I re-routed it and it is tight when I turn all the way left. I then re-routed it up the front of the gas tank and to the hot start. I then loosely zip-tied it to my bar mount post, it's not very sano. I was thinking of getting a custom one a few inches longer. Especially if I put on a steering stabilizer.