Bike Insurance

Can you get insurance for your dirt bike? who offers it and what are people paying? and what does it cover?

I am worried about theft.

You can buy insurance on ANYTHING.....price, is a different story :naughty: . I'll be watching this thread :naughty: .

Can you get insurance for your dirt bike? who offers it and what are people paying? and what does it cover?

I am worried about theft.

Check with Foremost, usually best price around. I've got 3 bikes and 2 quads covered with liability and comprehensive, primarily for theft. Paid $742 for the year, but my family record's not perfect.

AAA SoCal. $125.00 for the year for a DRZ400S that was street-legal and dirt-legal.

Covered theft and minimum legal. If I wrecked it I bought it, though.

I have just very basic insurance on my Crf so I can get it street legal. Just liability. went thru www.bike-line.com $50 for the year. Michigan has this thing called MCCA (Michigan catastrophic claim association) all insured street motorcycles have to pay into it. Its like $140. Made the PLPD insurance on my street bike go from $85 a year to almost $200. Cause the Crf is an offroad bike bikeline dosn't charge you the MCCA. Sweet. Not sure how legal it is but it got me a proof of insurance and plates. Thats all I wanted.

Progressive is the cheapest all on line. :naughty:

You will need some years with an endorsement maybe. :naughty:

Covered by homeowner's inurance policy. We checked. Off-road only bikes though.

When I had a dual sported XR400 I went through an insurance broker (AIS) had it insured for about $160/yr. I think about $50 of that was a broker fee. Kind of a rip off.

you should check again with your agent about off-road motorcycle being covered under your homeowner's policy. I am an insurance agent in Florida and have been licensed in several other states and I have NEVER heard of that- EVER. You should speak with your agent- not his/her staff person but the agent themselves and get that in writing (good luck!). Most homeowners policy will cover an ATV or tractor used ONLY for the maintenance of your property, but never a dirtbike. Please check with your agent again- your bike getting stolen is bad enough- not having insurance on it as well is worse.

Just asked my Ins. agent that exact question Homeowners DOES NOT Cover Dirt Bikes. Went with a rider from AAA $84.00