First Ride on CRF450X

Guys

I got my 450X on Thursday last week, fitted the sump/hand/rad guards and and installed the JD Jetting kit. I set the suspension as per motorsports-networks recommendations and went out on the bike after running it in on the Dyno.

I ride VERY rocky terrain and my first impression was the bike seemed a little hard. I took 3 clicks of compression out both ends and BAM! The suspension is the best I have ever experienced - Out of the crate it is better than ANY after market kit available for the KTM (which is what I had previously).The bike rides better than any other machine I have owned. It turns so well and inspires so much confidence in the front, has enough low down torque for 4 gear muddy hill climbs and enough power to hoik the front wheel in the first 4 gears.

A truly awesome machine!

I made the same suspension mods but only after breaking my bike in and seeing if "I" needed to change anything. The one thing I found after days of test riding was the most critical factor is setting the sag to 100mm or even a lil less. the change in handling from 103mm to 100mm was so huge that it was only until this change did I really start to grin under my helmet, I am 6 1" 190lbs with gear and stock the sag was like 108mm!!! I was washing the front all over the trail and track. now the bike,even though it still a big bike handles like I thought it should the first time I rode it. funny how guys at the track(including myself) hate getting passed by a guy with a headlight on his bike. :naughty: