nail in tire

Went riding yesterday and unfortunately got a nail in my rear tire. Is there a product that I can buy to plug my tire. And is it realiable?

Thanks

JSV 05 WR250F :naughty:

I'd recommend just replacing the tube. You could use a patch kit but the tube is already out by then so you may as well install a new one.

I'd recommend just replacing the tube. You could use a patch kit but the tube is already out by then so you may as well install a new one.

Thats what I'd do............ :naughty:

yea.. id just replace the whole tube.. i bought a patch kit for about 6 bucks and didn't work for nothin. i bought a new tube for 6 bucks and works fine. its soo much work trying to replace them anyways you might as well just put a brand new tube in :naughty:

new tube. the end

Agree with replacing the tube.

I would use a patch kit out on the trail in a jam but only if I wasn't already carrying another tube.

I'm sorry guys I meant my tire not the tube. Its definetly going to be replaced. I was wondering if one,if the tire needs to be plugged where the nail entered. Two,who has the plugs?

JSV

05 WR250F :naughty:

Your rear tire has a tube in it so if the nail went through the tire it probably went through the tube too. If not you can buy plugs at a hardware store.

It really depends upon if the nail made a hole or a tear. I wouldn't worry about a hole. You could put a tire patch on the inside if you are worried about dirt going into the tire.

It there is a long rip or tear, time to get a new tire.