New to thumper land!

Hello! I am new to the supermotard world... I just bought a DRZ400SM. I pick it up tomorrow! My fiance also bought a new bike yesterday, he got a yamaha TW200. We both are excited to hit the road. I need to make a few adjustments as far the seat goes. I can't wait to gain a ton of information from this site! Just thought I would drop in and say Hi, my name is Sarah hehe :naughty::naughty:

Wow, you go the 400sm and he gets the 200... you got a sweet bike!

haha yeah the guy who sold us the bike said "so you get the TW and he gets the DRZ?" I said "nope...other way around" with a big ole grin on my face :naughty:

My fiance, Jac, has never ridden before (well dirt when he was little), he is taking the MSF course and wanted to get a good starter bike. I think its perfect for him :naughty:

Cool! It sounds like you guys are getting some awesome bikes, especially yourself! Have you ever ridden a motard before? If not, you're gonna freak out! They are sooo much fun. I have a motarded 650r and I tell ya, there is nothing more fun (or funny) than spanking newbs on crotch rockets!. I've taken my motard to Chicago to ride before and it's just a blast, backing it in from Ontario St. to Rush at 9 p.m. Believe me you'll get lots of looks! I gotta ask why your name is Perks!? :naughty::naughty::D

Isn't the TW the dual sport Yammie with the fat tires? Should be an easy to ride beginners bike, but he will have a hard time keeping up with you! I think it's cool that you ride the 400sm... my wife started riding a year ago on a KX100 and now she is comfortable taking my DRZ out and enjoys it. She is getting to the point she wants to ride my SV, but I think something smaller for her on the street would be better. If I didn't live in Cal I would dual sport my DRZ and put on street slicks and it would be a great choice for her as well. Enjoy your new bikes!

Hey Sarah, congrats on the new bikes!!

Cool! It sounds like you guys are getting some awesome bikes, especially yourself! Have you ever ridden a motard before? If not, you're gonna freak out! They are sooo much fun. I have a motarded 650r and I tell ya, there is nothing more fun (or funny) than spanking newbs on crotch rockets!. I've taken my motard to Chicago to ride before and it's just a blast, backing it in from Ontario St. to Rush at 9 p.m. Believe me you'll get lots of looks! I gotta ask why your name is Perks!? :naughty::naughty::D

this will be my first motard, I have been biking for 6 years now and I sold my track bike (an old FZR) a few weeks ago and wanted something new :D I have been told I am going to love this, I can't wait (I pick her up tomorrow :D)

Perks is my nickname because of my last name, my other handle for internet forums is Yamahagirl but I can't have that really anymore, I still have my Yamaha Vstar but it didn't seem like it fit right, now that I will be sporting the Suzuki!

Isn't the TW the dual sport Yammie with the fat tires? Should be an easy to ride beginners bike, but he will have a hard time keeping up with you! I think it's cool that you ride the 400sm... my wife started riding a year ago on a KX100 and now she is comfortable taking my DRZ out and enjoys it. She is getting to the point she wants to ride my SV, but I think something smaller for her on the street would be better. If I didn't live in Cal I would dual sport my DRZ and put on street slicks and it would be a great choice for her as well. Enjoy your new bikes!

Yeah, its the dual sport and it has a 180 rear! It is huge looking, but it looks pretty sweet! He is so gun ho right now its funny! he is a big jeep guy and loves off roading and all he can talk about is this bike right now! He wants to bring it up for our Memorial day run (with the jeeps) and off-road with it. If you can't tell I am super excited :naughty::naughty:

Hi Sarah,

If you have any questions about your new DRZ, be sure to check out the Suzuki DRZ section, there is alot of knowledge their.

Welcome to the World of the DRZ!!!!!!!!