Fork Bleeders

Anyone use fork bleeders on there bikes? Are they worth buying or is it better to just unscrew the screw already on the fork? Which one would you get Moose,Motion Pro or are they all just as good? I never thought about air getting into the forks untill I blew a fork seal last year and one of my friends told me that it could be because of that. Thanks for the help. Steve.

I use the Pro Motion ones. I bleed them down after every heat. usually not much happening but once and a while I get quite a bit. I have ran about 1 1/2 years on the last seals. Thats riding about an average of once a week for about 2 hours... I just noticed last night the rt. seal dripping on the garage floor. Great timing, I have a National next week at Glen Helen. Not a good place to go with leaky forks... Race Tech here I come.... JOHN

i have had the Motion Pro bleeders on my forks for at least 4 years now.

2 weeks ago, for some freaky reason, the right one unscrewed on lap 2 of my race and went some place nobody will ever find. now, imagine trying to race sand whoops that are 3-4 feet tall with ONLY one fork leg working. it was no fun at all. i have no idea why it unscrewed, it just did. so, i would advise using one drop of blue loc-tite on the threads of the button before screwing them into the riser.

the riser (which converts from M6 x .8 to 1/8" npt) is a very very very fragile piece. they are quite prone to twisting off or breaking off where they screw into the fork cap.

all in all, i really like the convenience of them, but i now can't say if they are worth it or not.