Pressure washer water container- Track Day

Does anyone have any pictures/ideas for what works best as a transportable water container. I've seen a few setups at the track, and I'm planning on a 20 or 30 gallon container for track/race days. I want to rig a hose type spigot at the base. Suggestions?

Use a barrell from like VP(54 gal.) or any other barrell like a 30-50 gallon one, then drill a hole at the bottom and pick up a cheap spigot from like Lowes or something and install it. THat's jsut my idea that i just thought up but it seems like a good one... the only thing is that a barrell might be a little heavy?

I've seen some lighter setups than a full 55 gallon drum. I've even seen garbage cans used that seem to work. The trick with the spigot is getting it to seal well. This is where silicone will be my best friend i guess. Anyway, I'm looking for something about half the size of a 55 gallon drum. Obviously, a sealing lid to the tank would be needed.

A small cistern container or an agricultural pesticide container used for spraying crops is most likely your best bet. Both should be available at a farm supply store and are ready to fit a hose.

I have had trouble finding a pressure washer that will work with such a setup as most commercial pressure washers available to the public are the type that require a pressured line feeding them (ie. a running hose from a spigot).

You will burn up a regular pressure washer trying to get it to draw water out of a container. Make sure your pressure washer is a gravity fed type or suffer the consequences.

And if you find a brand that does work, let me know.

These here would suit you perfectly, you can get a 25 or 35 gallon tank .

A small cistern container or an agricultural pesticide container used for spraying crops is most likely your best bet. Both should be available at a farm supply store and are ready to fit a hose.

I have had trouble finding a pressure washer that will work with such a setup as most commercial pressure washers available to the public are the type that require a pressured line feeding them (ie. a running hose from a spigot).

You will burn up a regular pressure washer trying to get it to draw water out of a container. Make sure your pressure washer is a gravity fed type or suffer the consequences.

And if you find a brand that does work, let me know.

Good advice, thanks. I think as long as the container is a couple feet higher than the end of the hose (i.e. in a van or trailer) the draw should be there for the washer to operate properly. Once I get this rigged I'll post an update down the road on whether it works long term. To my knowledge, my pressure washer is not a gravity fed type so it'll be interesting to see if it burns up the compressor.

30 gal is only good for 1 bike.. and also if your washer wont pick it up put the hose to the bototm and siphon it to get it going this will feed the washer and save your pump. Works like a charm. We use a 55 gal plastic drum perfect size for 3 of us.