Sign in to follow this  

Just mixed a fresh batch

I finally ran out my can of Golden SPectro/Pump mix and made a fresh batch with Castor927. That stuff burns so much cleaner, runs better, doesn't smoke as much, and smells really good. The spectro was a thin green watery substance but the castor927 is really thick and topaz colored, totally different oil... any comments?? :naughty::naughty:

castor927 is a castor bean oil. Actually isn't a very clean oil at all. Smokes alot, spooges, and wait till you have to do a top end. It smells really good though. I've had good luck wtih my motul 800, hardly smokes at all, expensive though.

Castor 927 smells good but that is it. I've had buddies foul plugs and it smoke bad, not very good for our sport. I think you can find a better oil. I'm using HP2 a full syn. Very clean.

Barney

I was out putting today and i tried to foul a plug, no success... So far it;s a lot better than GOlden Spectro. It does smoke but not when you ride fast, the other oil smoked a lot more. I run 40:1 and it seems to be doing a lot better. I think i'm gonna replace the rings too because they are getting shot. Around where I live I can't get better than castor927 and spectro oils. Maxima is a good company though. I'm gonna have to disagree that it isn't a good oil, but i agree that there is better.

I was out putting today and i tried to foul a plug, no success... So far it;s a lot better than GOlden Spectro. It does smoke but not when you ride fast, the other oil smoked a lot more. I run 40:1 and it seems to be doing a lot better. I think i'm gonna replace the rings too because they are getting shot. Around where I live I can't get better than castor927 and spectro oils. Maxima is a good company though. I'm gonna have to disagree that it isn't a good oil, but i agree that there is better.

Try Klotz Benol (formerly called bean oil) Also a castor base oil.no smke no fouling and smells even sweeter. Even at rations as high as 20:1 it will not foul. It's red too.

I've had good luck wtih my motul 800, hardly smokes at all, expensive though.

Motul, 600 or 800, either are Great!!! If you're going for the smell, just mix it(Motul) with some good race gas and WHA-LA sniffable fumes. :naughty:

Castor 927 has very good lubricating and protective characteristics. Its draw back is gumming up power valves pretty bad and burn deposits. I never had a problem with fowled plugs and if your bike is jetted correctly you shouldn't have a problem. It smells like racing to me. Thats good.