i am thinking of getting a kx25f is this a good choice

i am getting into mx and have been looking at bikes. i really want a two stroke however a friend made me think that why pay full price now for an 05 when in a year it's not gunna be worth anything. so i have been looking at four strokes and i really like the kx250f mainly looks and i hear it handels well. however my buddy told me this is a mistake and is telling my to get a yz250f. how do u guys like ur bikes and what is the best way to ride the. i will be riding mostly in sand and muddy/clay conditions

i am getting into mx and have been looking at bikes. i really want a two stroke however a friend made me think that why pay full price now for an 05 when in a year it's not gunna be worth anything. so i have been looking at four strokes and i really like the kx250f mainly looks and i hear it handels well. however my buddy told me this is a mistake and is telling my to get a yz250f. how do u guys like ur bikes and what is the best way to ride the. i will be riding mostly in sand and muddy/clay conditions

Well, since you asked this question in the RMZ/KX250F thread. Chances are people will tell you it's a good bike and generally have positive things to say about it. I have never ridden a YZ250F. So. I can't make a comparison for you. I hear the valve train is better on the YZ. I own a 05 RMZ 250 and love it. Just need to watch the valves. Other than that I believe it's a great bike. You will love it. Look here.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237535&parentpage=2

ive ridden yamahas all my life, my last bike was a yz125 ... the kx250f was my first kawi and also my first 4stroke ive owned and honestly this bike is so good, ive ridden the yz250f and i liked that bike too but the kawi is just way more comfy and rides so sweet stock, ive never had any problems with it at all...plus you can get a better deal on a kawi than the other 4strokes brands

In that sand they are a blast.......not as much fun as a 125 but they are still awesome. They have the best power of the 250F's period. I have been riding Kawi's a long time and my 04' and 05' 250F's are the best ones I have ever owned overall. The Yamaha has been out a long time but the motor can't compare to the KXF's