i am thinking of getting a kx25f is this a good choice

i am getting into mx and have been looking at bikes. i really want a two stroke however a friend made me think that why pay full price now for an 05 when in a year it's not gunna be worth anything. so i have been looking at four strokes and i really like the kx250f mainly looks and i hear it handels well. however my buddy told me this is a mistake and is telling my to get a yz250f. how do u guys like ur bikes and what is the best way to ride the. i will be riding mostly in sand and muddy/clay conditions

i am getting into mx and have been looking at bikes. i really want a two stroke however a friend made me think that why pay full price now for an 05 when in a year it's not gunna be worth anything. so i have been looking at four strokes and i really like the kx250f mainly looks and i hear it handels well. however my buddy told me this is a mistake and is telling my to get a yz250f. how do u guys like ur bikes and what is the best way to ride the. i will be riding mostly in sand and muddy/clay conditions

Well, since you asked this question in the RMZ/KX250F thread. Chances are people will tell you it's a good bike and generally have positive things to say about it. I have never ridden a YZ250F. So. I can't make a comparison for you. I hear the valve train is better on the YZ. I own a 05 RMZ 250 and love it. Just need to watch the valves. Other than that I believe it's a great bike. You will love it. Look here.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237535&parentpage=2

thanks for the reply. I also heard tho that u cant over rev the rmz/kxf so then what is the best way to ride them

the rmz/kxf loved to be short shifted

go four stroke I love my 04 rmz 250 the handling is great and over all there pretty easy to ride

my 05 kxf is the best bike ever!

ive ridden yamahas all my life, my last bike was a yz125 ... the kx250f was my first kawi and also my first 4stroke ive owned and honestly this bike is so good, ive ridden the yz250f and i liked that bike too but the kawi is just way more comfy and rides so sweet stock, ive never had any problems with it at all...plus you can get a better deal on a kawi than the other 4strokes brands

yeah but are they fun in the sand?

I would go with the KXF all the way i have ridden both and the kawasaki has loads of tourqe. it is a blast to ride but you should really look at a dyno chart comparing them.

In that sand they are a blast.......not as much fun as a 125 but they are still awesome. They have the best power of the 250F's period. I have been riding Kawi's a long time and my 04' and 05' 250F's are the best ones I have ever owned overall. The Yamaha has been out a long time but the motor can't compare to the KXF's