Sign in to follow this  

Best Engine for CRF50

I'm looking at building a CRF pitbike from scratch and was wondering of a good engine to use.

I've seen this

http://www.monkeybike.co.uk/acatalog/Takegawa_124cc_Super_Head_Engine__MBUK_Built_.html

i don't really want to get a big bore kit but would rather buy a complete engine

Do you think this is any good and does anyone know if the bbr dsection would work well with it - any help would be appreciated :naughty:

also what carb would be good for this engine - i have no idea about these sort of things :naughty:

any help or any other engines you guys know of would be very much appreciated

I'm looking at building a CRF pitbike from scratch and was wondering of a good engine to use.

I've seen this

http://www.monkeybike.co.uk/acatalog/Takegawa_124cc_Super_Head_Engine__MBUK_Built_.html

i don't really want to get a big bore kit but would rather buy a complete engine

Do you think this is any good and does anyone know if the bbr dsection would work well with it - any help would be appreciated :naughty:

also what carb would be good for this engine - i have no idea about these sort of things :D

any help or any other engines you guys know of would be very much appreciated

Oh and when your saying "CRF pitbike" I am guessing you mean crf50

Be forwarned, that motor is FAST, if youve never ridden a at least 108cc 50 motor try it before buying that and see if you will like it. I ride a Kitaco 124se in one of my bikes and its insane fast.

Jetster, has your kitaco engine been reliable?

How similar is it to the takegawa?

what carb do you use and would it be any good for this engine?

how much was your kitaco engine and did you buy it complete? :naughty::D

thanks for your help before and hope you can help me again :naughty::D :D

Well, so far its been reliable, havnt had it long though. I see no reason it shouldnt be pretty reliable though, long as its taken care of properly, oil changed religiously, oil cooler, valve checks and adjustments, clean airfilter it should last a while.

Its pretty comparible to the Takegawa, better though, currently the top of the crop as far as motors go.

Carb im using the Kitaco 26mm, which should work great for your motor as well.

As for price, I actually dont know, didnt buy it, its my sponsors bike Im riding for them. But you can buy a motor exactly like it fully built is $4750, which you can find on www.hondaminitrail.com.