Aluminum Frames Confirmed for 2006!!?

Ill wait to after the dealer show to order my new yz450f.

next years 250f will weigh just 5 pounds lighter...

i can lose 5 lbs in a day if i want...

not enough for me to go from an 04 to an 06.

Im waiting til 07 or 08 and buying a 450f. By that time things should be alot better and lighter and Yamaha should have mastered it by then. Still going to keep the 04 250f even when I get a new bike.

I'm not buying a new bike until I hit the lottery or they come out with something so bad ass I can't live with out it. I bought my 02 with the intent of getting atleast 10 yrs out of it.

I am currently riding a 2002 WRF converted to motocross. I suspect a 211 pound YZF will feel like riding my son's bmx bike. I am also hoping for a lower center of gravity, but appreciate the esthetics of an aluminum frame.

First off nothing is in stone until after the dealer show. Period. Anything else is just rumors and speculation. ANyone that knows anything with Yamaha has a gag order or they are gone. Try to talk to Doug Dubach about anything. Have fun there!

That article is a waste of space. Speculating the weight of bikes that have not even been announced yet. Plus saying it only weighs a few more pounds than a 125. Try almost 20 dry! 192 is the 2005 YZ125s weight dry, they are forecasting 211. That is mroe than a few.

Who is this guy? Is he a liget source?

The reason I am waiting for the aluminum frame is so the 450 will have ABOUT the same weight as my 250f so it will be easier to switch between bikes.

The reason I am waiting for the aluminum frame is so the 450 will have ABOUT the same weight as my 250f so it will be easier to switch between bikes.

Thats what im looking forward to. Having the weight of my 04 250f with the 450f power. A light 450 that would be easier to throw around is a plus.

What will the dry weight be on the new 450F?

What I would really want out of the 450 instead of weight is a different engine to keep up with the Honda. The Yami 450 sticks to the ground like glue and lighter weight would upset that. Also, almost all the magazines like the 450 and its perfectly refined suspension. If they were to put in the aluminum frame making the bike over five pounds lighter, the only good charecteristics of the 450 would be upset and take over a year to revalve and refine them to their original state. A different engine would take it to the top of the pack with a little chasis refinement. A 5-speed would be nice and so would being able to have more power build after 6,000 RPM instead of it just revving without more power. Actually, something that confuses most people is that the Honda 450 with its 5 gears has a higher top speed than the Yami. Not true, the Yamaha just doesn't have a first gear.

Expect Yamaha's 2006 YZ250F to weigh roughly 211 lbs with fluids (empty gas tank). Still a bit heavier than the 125cc two-strokes, but only by a few pounds. Amazing.

um i thought that the 2 stroke 125 weigh less then the 2stroke 250s and my 04 250f is only 4 lbs heavier then a stock 250 smoker. so where are they getting that the aluminum frame is going to take that much weight off to make it a few lbs away from the smokers what a bunch of BS.

Have you guys not looked at the pictures? Even if the bikes weighed the same they want them to handle better and the key is a lower center of gravity. The new designed is aimed at less weight and most importantly.....LOWER CENTER OF GRAVITY. That alone will make it worth dumping your old bike for a new one. Ride an 05 YZ250 and then get back on a YZF (not debating power traits) and you will see how much room there is for improvement. The YZF is not bad, but in comparision it feels like a cow.

I am really looking forward to the new bikes.

I hope the 06 carries it worlds lower than the 05 thus making that 5 pounds or so feel like 10 or more.

I doubt it. You have only a little more frame above as below the engine with the oil reservoir in the front and the cradle below.

Total loss of 5 pounds, and maybe 3 of that will be above centerline.

That alone will make it worth dumping your old bike for a new one. Ride an 05 YZ250 and then get back on a YZF (not debating power traits) and you will see how much room there is for improvement. The YZF is not bad, but in comparision it feels like a cow.

I am really looking forward to the new bikes.

I agree 100% with Satch on this. I have completely overhauled my 02 front to back. It feels sad in comparison to my 05 YZ.

I'm not into the whole 5 pounds this and that, but I'm interested in where it's carried. I hope the 06 carries it worlds lower than the 05 thus making that 5 pounds or so feel like 10 or more.

One of the things I noticed from earlier photos of the 250F "A" is that it appears to have relocated the oil supply to a separate tank mounted in front of the engine between the cradle tubes. If true, this will certainly help lower the CG while retaining the dry sump system.

Plus saying it only weighs a few more pounds than a 125. Try almost 20 dry! 192 is the 2005 YZ125s weight dry, they are forecasting 211. That is mroe than a few.
The 211 pound weight was quoted with fluids and a dry tank. A YZ125 in that condition is closer to 198-200 pounds.

If you scroll don to the bottom of this page, you'll see that the YZ125 is 200 lb and the CRF250R is 215 lb

First off nothing is in stone until after the dealer show. Period. Anything else is just rumors and speculation. ANyone that knows anything with Yamaha has a gag order or they are gone. Try to talk to Doug Dubach about anything. Have fun there!

That article is a waste of space. Speculating the weight of bikes that have not even been announced yet. Plus saying it only weighs a few more pounds than a 125. Try almost 20 dry! 192 is the 2005 YZ125s weight dry, they are forecasting 211. That is mroe than a few.

I've got to go with Matt96 here,

What's confirmed? Where's the photo's? Where's the spec's?

Is MD getting their info from a few spy photos we all saw???

So what time of the year are new models released? I haven't followed new releases in a long time