Tube patch

My front tire had a small hole in it so me and my friend (from_xr_to_cr) took the tube out and patched it. How long will it hold up? I know i know you are all going to say go get another tube for it, and i will, its just we were on vacation this week and it happened friday and if i ordered a tube i still wouldnt have it so we patched it. It seems to be holding up but i havent been able to ride it yet. I bought a patch kit that is made for bicycle and motorcycle tires.. And also we couldnt get the new Dunlop Front tire we put on on with the rim lock.. I know you are all going to say put the rim lock back in, but we tried and tried to get the bead seated where the rim lock wasnt but we couldnt. I also dont have one in my rear tire and i havent for awhile and that has held up just fine. I dont ride MX just trails..

I have ridden for two years on a rear tube with three patches on it. No worries, just take your time applying the patch. Done correctly the patch should last as long as the rest of the tube. I finally had to replace mine because of rust around the valve stem ,also to insure that small pin hole leaks don't happen use the tire slime in the tubes. As for the rim locks don't sweat it get you 4 or 5 heavyduty electrical tywraps to keep in your tailbag or emergency kit. If you have a flat you can wrap them around the tire and rim to keep it from it from spinning on the rim . It won't ride real good but it will get you back.

Wow - Ive NEVER EVER EVER had a patch fail.

Get the yellow cardboard canister "Monkey Grip" brand tire patches from an auto store, or K-Mart. They will out-live your tube. If it doesn't adhere, you didn't do it properly. A well done patch is not just a patch, but actually a PART of the tube. It is "welded" into the tube.

Get the yellow cardboard canister "Monkey Grip" brand tire patches from an auto store, or K-Mart. They will out-live your tube. If it doesn't adhere, you didn't do it properly. A well done patch is not just a patch, but actually a PART of the tube. It is "welded" into the tube.

I agree. I've put on more patches than I can count (blackberry country) and I've never had a patch fail. I only replace a tube if the hole is larger than a nail hole or the stem is torn.

That is the patch i got, Monkey Grip!!