drz baja

just broke in my drz 400s , now im planning to enduro race it maby san philepe 250 or something but i need to get some more power to get that front wheel up now im a heavier guy so all you 180 lb ers that dont have this problem chill. its my first thumper and im not looking to do any crazy mods like hacking up the subframe just little tricks the are relitively simple and cost efficent and most of all reliable id hate to have my bike die in the middle of mexico. well any help would be appriciated hope to hear back soon

mike i cali

I'd recommend doing the 3x3 airbox mod (www.drz.info), rejetting using a DJ jet kit, and perhaps replacing the stock exhaust with a yosh or muzzy full system. It would definately wake it up. If you're short on change skip the exhaust.

is there any usless weight i could get rid of without really hacking up my bike

Your bike is an excellent do anything and have fun TYPE BIKE.

'IT IS NOT A RACE BIKE'

tO MAKE IT A RACE BIKE YOU HAVE TO THROW LOTS OF $$$$$$'S AT IT.

hAVE FUN AND JUST RIDE IT.

iF YOU WANT TO RACE BUY A RACE BIKE

jUST MY .02 CENTS WORTH.

cORKY :naughty::naughty:

Go to the drzinfo page it's a good start.

They actually cover that at www.drz.info. But to help : emission system, bar end weights, rubber inserts on foot pegs, rear foot pegs, and several others.

For fairly inexpensive improvements in power remove the CA emissions stuff, do the 3x3 mod, rejet with DJ kit, switch to E base gasket and install a Hotcams intake cam. After that it gets expensive as you're looking at an aftermarket exhaust and a FCR carb. As for losing weight, look around here. There have been tons of posts on it. And go on a diet. It's alot easier to take 25 lbs off yourself than off the bike.

Your bike is an excellent do anything and have fun TYPE BIKE.

'IT IS NOT A RACE BIKE'

tO MAKE IT A RACE BIKE YOU HAVE TO THROW LOTS OF $$$$$$'S AT IT.

hAVE FUN AND JUST RIDE IT.

iF YOU WANT TO RACE BUY A RACE BIKE

jUST MY .02 CENTS WORTH.

cORKY :naughty::naughty:

I'll second that. Could someone competitvely race the 250 on a drz400s? I'm sure someone could.

Could I? No way in he||.