Sign in to follow this  

Rode the XR4 today

Well as you all know, I bought the 450X which I'm very happy with :cry: .........And the poor XR hasn't been ridden since Feb. and the last time I rode it the pumper rod bent on the Edlebrock :D:D .....and ran like shit, sooo edlebrock rebuilt the carb (for free I might add).......those guys are great........but after I got the carb back never really had the motivation to put er back together :D ............since I'm selling it I figure I would put the bike back together and give it the once over and give er a little rip :D

A little rip :D:D ............holy schnikes I forgot how fast that thing was :excuseme::excuseme::excuseme: ..........my neighbor was laughing his ass off :D:D 1st thru 4th gear big time wheelie.........then off to the field with 20ft. roost behind me :D:D:busted::busted:

I'm still smiling :excuseme: ......with a chubby :busted::mad: ........Dang I hate to sell it but me wifey is all over me since I bought the X :D

Maybe I will hide it somewhere :mad: ...........cause I friggen put my heart and soul in that thing :D:D:p:p

anyway sorry for the rant :mad::lol: ..........just you guys are the only one that understand the XR addiction :naughty::naughty:

Time for a beer :D

I can imagine how hard it is selling a bike you but so much time, money and effort into. Enjoy it while you can and maybe you can find an excuse to keep it. Or sell it to family for friend so you can still ride it.

That XR is a piece of work, too bad you have to get rid of it. A man should always have 2 bikes. Of course my wife doesn't agree. :naughty:

You can park it in my garage... everyone else does... :naughty: And I won't be tempted to ride it, I gots my own!

This is a problem I have. I've been running my own motorcycle business for the past few months and with some bikes, after working on them and getting them ship-shape to sell it can be hard for me to part with them too!!

Here's an idea, dual sport it and justify keeping it with the old " cost of gasoline" defense. :naughty:

Here's an idea, dual sport it and justify keeping it with the old " cost of gasoline" defense. :naughty:

Good idea.... that's what I'm going to have to do with my bike the wife is not too happy with the money I've been throwing at it, and not her

Thanks for the update. I feel XR owners are like air-cooled VW owners. It was a great design and we will be running them until the parts get scarse.

I hope to keep mine as a dual-sport and get another bike as a "race bike". One for crusing and one for running hard.

...I hope to keep mine as a dual-sport and get another bike as a "race bike". One for crusing and one for running hard.

I got a 450EXC as the "one for running hard". But am also keeping the XR4.

What approach do you suggest for dual-sporting the XR? It doesn't look cheap to do. Baja Designs? Other?

Thanks fer the replies boyz...........but the XR4, is just kinda lookin sad in the Garage doing nothing :D:naughty: ..............The 450X took my ridin to a new level, I didnt think I was cabable of :D ..........But that thing keeps calling me back :D ........especially after riding johnt3's XR250 today,.... these bikes are so simple and the fun factor is huge :D:cry:

Once again Kevdude is :naughty::D

[Thanks for the update. I feel XR owners are like air-cooled VW owners. It was a great design and we will be running them until the parts get scarse].

.........................................................................................

I know I keep a 66 bug right next to my xr4 the wife is telling me the bug has to go and I say no way jose next would be the xr out the door.

paco paez

With the help of Baja Designs parts the conversion here in Texas cost is in the neighborhood of $450.00, thats title fees,inspection and all.