XT225 starting problem

I hope someone can help me with this. I have an '04 XT225 that will not start after sitting for a day or two. If I let some gas out of the bottom of the carb bowl it will fire right up. I have never seen this before, anyone?

I had the same problem with the TTR225. We had to heat the plug up and it would run fine. We realized on that bike we had to turn the gas off and run it dry if it sat more than a day ,then turn gas on next time and it would fire right up. Hope that helps..

Any luck?

I did not get a chance to try it yet. My bike is at my vacation home.

Lean it to to the side and it shoud start right up

Did you check for water in the float bowl?

The XT225 is a notorious hard starter. I have had to tinker with one to get it opened up. See the mods listed here under "Hard Starting"....

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/serowpages/

Richening the mixture ala the idle mixture screw underneath the brass plug that is drilled out woke the little beast up. Drilling the vacuum passage(angled passage in plastic carb top) to 11/64 really livened up throttle response. The bike starts much easier and warms up quicker.

Hope this helps and is isn't a redundancy.

Yes Evil - This is what you do. :D It worked great on my wifes. I did it over the winter - starts great now.

I can't believe the earlier responses :) "Lean it to the side, empty the bowl............" People don't come to this forum looking for information like that. They want real fixes to issues they have found.

I can't believe the earlier responses :) "Lean it to the side, empty the bowl............" People don't come to this forum looking for information like that. They want real fixes to issues they have found.

Sorry for the info. Leaning it over for me always worked for me. Oh and yes at one time I did have to clean the bowl. Again sorry for the suggestion