TTR-250 Axel

I have an 04 TTR-250 and i was wondering how to take the rear axel out. I removed the nut on the right side and on the left the think wont move. I tried taking a piece of wood and hitting the threaded side with a hammer with the wood in between but it wont move. I want to regrease the exel from all the water/mud/durt iv been riding threw.

Anybody know??????

:naughty::naughty::D:D:D:cry:

Never heard of such a thing. The only thing left is to make sure the adjusters ain't inside some type of grove on the axle or binding somehow :naughty: or try unscrewing the axle out :D and if you insist on beating on the axle put the nut back on till it's flush with the end. That way if the threads get damaged by accident you can still back off the nut and try to save it. :naughty:

put it on a stand. then lift up on the rear tire as you try to pull out the axel.. i was very suprized to find out how heavy the back tire, rim and hub were after i got it all off. that weight it probably keeping you from pushing the axel out :naughty:

I have an 04 TTR-250 and i was wondering how to take the rear axel out. I removed the nut on the right side and on the left the think wont move. I tried taking a piece of wood and hitting the threaded side with a hammer with the wood in between but it wont move. I want to regrease the exel from all the water/mud/durt iv been riding threw.

Well, depending on how well it was originally greased and how much water/mud you rode through it may have already corroded. You can try spraying some penetrating lubricant around the area (DON'T GET ON BRAKES OR BRAKE DISC!) and keep lightly wrapping the end with a rubber mallet to see if it will loosen up.

I wouldn't beat on the threaded part with a metal hammer so you don't damage the threads.

Thx alot guys i ended up getting it out and the axel was bone dry but it wasn't and rust or anything so i greased the sucker up and it slid right in. :naughty: