Sign in to follow this  

'05 Remote Hot Start Lever

Has anyone mounted a remote hot start on their '05 yet. If so, could you let us know which one works. I called Dubach racing and they weren't sure if the KTM model would work on the Husky's even though it's the same carb.

Thanks,

Travis Epperson

What happens if you leave the hot start pulled out?

I don't really know, but I've left mine out by mistake and the bike ran fine. Didn't even notice it 'til the next time I went to start it up

(I'm curious too...)

Down here at sea level and 80 degrees she will definitely burble....of course I like to run the 05 te450 a tad rich anyway.

I would like to try and figure out how to convert the decompressor lever to a remote hot start....

got go down in the shop and think that one over...definitely a spring loaded reversed arm attached some how....

MFortie, if you can ride with the Hot Start on and not notice I would guess your bike is jetted too rich. I believe the HS leans the system, opposite the choke, so at normal operating temp your bike would not idle very well with it pulled out.

I would never disconect the compression release lever. I love it when you kill it going down hill with the brake at really slow speeds. Pull in the clutch, pull in the de-comp lever, drop it in second, let out the clutch and then the de-comp lever, the bike has just restarted at 2 MPH with no rear wheel lock up. That scenario is invaluable to me. Can you do this with a Recluse?

Dubach told me their hot start wouldn't fit so I made one up from the following components.

CRF Hot Start Part No.16019-MEB-671

CRF Hot Start Cable Part No. 17950-KSC-000

After market Clutch/Hot Start Perch for Yamaha YZF

The clutch lever mount was cut off leaving just the hot start perch. Alternatively I believe the manual decomp lever could be used.

With exception of modifying the clutch perch the rest is straight bolt on, about a 15 minute job.

Flame,

No you cant do that with a rekluse, but then you never would have stalled in the first place :naughty:

As far as the hot start button, I have only had to use it once....after I dropped it and it lay there for a minute.

Same i have only used it a couple of times.

I just don,t see the need to mount it on the bars as i don,t use it

Dubach told me their hot start wouldn't fit so I made one up from the following components.

CRF Hot Start Part No.16019-MEB-671

CRF Hot Start Cable Part No. 17950-KSC-000

After market Clutch/Hot Start Perch for Yamaha YZF

The clutch lever mount was cut off leaving just the hot start perch. Alternatively I believe the manual decomp lever could be used.

With exception of modifying the clutch perch the rest is straight bolt on, about a 15 minute job.

Thanks TTT,

You wouldn't happen to be able to post a pic of it would you?

Travis Epperson