'05 Remote Hot Start Lever

Has anyone mounted a remote hot start on their '05 yet. If so, could you let us know which one works. I called Dubach racing and they weren't sure if the KTM model would work on the Husky's even though it's the same carb.

Thanks,

Travis Epperson

does Motion pro make one? I want a remote hotstart as my next mod.

What happens if you leave the hot start pulled out?

What happens if you leave the hot start pulled out?

I don't really know, but I've left mine out by mistake and the bike ran fine. Didn't even notice it 'til the next time I went to start it up

(I'm curious too...)

Down here at sea level and 80 degrees she will definitely burble....of course I like to run the 05 te450 a tad rich anyway.

I would like to try and figure out how to convert the decompressor lever to a remote hot start....

got go down in the shop and think that one over...definitely a spring loaded reversed arm attached some how....

MFortie, if you can ride with the Hot Start on and not notice I would guess your bike is jetted too rich. I believe the HS leans the system, opposite the choke, so at normal operating temp your bike would not idle very well with it pulled out.

I would never disconect the compression release lever. I love it when you kill it going down hill with the brake at really slow speeds. Pull in the clutch, pull in the de-comp lever, drop it in second, let out the clutch and then the de-comp lever, the bike has just restarted at 2 MPH with no rear wheel lock up. That scenario is invaluable to me. Can you do this with a Recluse?

Dubach told me their hot start wouldn't fit so I made one up from the following components.

CRF Hot Start Part No.16019-MEB-671

CRF Hot Start Cable Part No. 17950-KSC-000

After market Clutch/Hot Start Perch for Yamaha YZF

The clutch lever mount was cut off leaving just the hot start perch. Alternatively I believe the manual decomp lever could be used.

With exception of modifying the clutch perch the rest is straight bolt on, about a 15 minute job.

Flame,

No you cant do that with a rekluse, but then you never would have stalled in the first place :naughty:

As far as the hot start button, I have only had to use it once....after I dropped it and it lay there for a minute.

Same i have only used it a couple of times.

I just don,t see the need to mount it on the bars as i don,t use it

Dubach told me their hot start wouldn't fit so I made one up from the following components.

CRF Hot Start Part No.16019-MEB-671

CRF Hot Start Cable Part No. 17950-KSC-000

After market Clutch/Hot Start Perch for Yamaha YZF

The clutch lever mount was cut off leaving just the hot start perch. Alternatively I believe the manual decomp lever could be used.

With exception of modifying the clutch perch the rest is straight bolt on, about a 15 minute job.

Thanks TTT,

You wouldn't happen to be able to post a pic of it would you?

Travis Epperson