looking for dune pic

anybody have that pic looking over the bars of a yzf out into some virgin dunes.. i remember it was posted a long time ago and it made a sweet background pic but i formatted and lost it.

ah hah thats the one i was looking for.. sweet pic!! thanks

I love that one its set as my back ground at home and work.

Dork alert! Handguards in the dunes?!?

Gordy...some people like to ride in more than one area which would require hand guards. Why did you reply if it was just to say something like that?? :naughty:

Nice pic, but judging by the levers, the guards ain't doing much good. :naughty:

enduro2030.jpg

Very cool picture! And for the idiot about the hand guards, just maybe he rode 40 miles of fast double track to get there, think before you speak! Just my .02!

Are you retarded or just really, really stupid? Generally people who ride in the desert also ride cross country. There is nothing wrong with handguards. Protection is more important than looking cool.

It also help to keep the throttle from sticking when you eat it. Handle bars dont sink in as bad.

Nice Pic btw :naughty:

SC

nice pic........how do u guys think an 01' yzf250 w/ tooooonnnss of extras b at the dunes becuase i have wanted 2 go out there for a while.

Handguards are for tree bashin. If you are going to ride in the dunes you should take them off at the same time you rejet your bike. Any serious riders I know, like myself (ex factory MX racer), take them off when they are not needed. Here's one reason why: (my arm)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/gordybrown/October122004005small.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/gordybrown/October122004001small.jpg

It takes 2 minutes to remove the guards. It takes four months to recover, if ever, from an injury like those above, which were the direct result of going down and catching a hand in the handguard. Now, if you never ride fast enough to fall down, ever, well I guess you can just leave them on and I'll still call you a dork.

Cross country with paddle tires? Or dunes with knobbies? Who is the retard?

i run knobbies in the dunes all the time....... and i would have wish i had some protection when i aite crap on the last trip out to the desert. broke the throttle tube completely off......... it was a LONG walk back

i run knobbies in the dunes all the time....... and i would have wish i had some protection when i aite crap on the last trip out to the desert. broke the throttle tube completely off......... it was a LONG walk back

Einstein I presume? You've made my point exactly.

wow how did that guy tear all the way down his wrist :naughty: ouch

Just because your stupid ass got your hands caught in them doesn't mean the rest if us will. Besides you said nothing about them being removed, you stated they were "dorky". The plain and simple truth is your an attention whore. Not all people are the same nor do they ride the same way. I am putting some hand guards on my bike so my hands don't catch a rock. Do Thumper Talk a favor and stop posting.

:naughty:

Give it a rest fella's. Both your points are valid but so what, TT has as many opinions as it does members. Take your squabbling to whiners.com and respect our common denominator here...dirtbikes.

Not only a dork, but a 25 year old Rah Rah EMT-"Basic-obviously" dork that rides a Suzuki and calls it a thumper, and can't figure out how to clean his goggles? Hopefully not from Southern Orygun though.

They (hand guards) are dorky if not removed when they shouldn't be there. Kinda like your finger in your nose at a nice restaurant.

Attention whore? Who has a dorky Fire/Ambulance flashing as an Avitar?

OK, I feel better now.

That is a righteous dune pic. Where was it taken? Looks a bit like Hauser.