Sign in to follow this  

Looking to buy a ...quad.

Before you start screaming, it's for my wife.

Looking for a 2WD, 250cc or bigger, four stroke, electric start, and reverse.

I would prefer Honda, but open minded. Only looking to spend $2000-$2500.

Just want something she can putt around on in the yard, maybe eventually some trails.

I'm in Cadillac.

Thanks,

Chad

chad4372@yahoo.com

I have a '00 400ex with full fmf exhaust asking 2800$. Its in Traverse City.

I have a '00 400ex with full fmf exhaust asking 2800$. Its in Traverse City.

Dude....Were the heck ya been?? Quit being such a stalker and start posting once in a while. :naughty:

well buddy if i dont get back to work soon i may have the quad your looking for. its a honda 200sx auto clutch 2wd with a rear rack, and hitch. all stock, almost new tires front and rear. in good condition electric and pull start(although i need to put a new battery in it for the electric start to work. runs good rides good. like i said if by the end of this may im not back working again, this quad might be forsale. i also have a honda xr 200 for sale to bought it for my wife but she lost intrest in it. it would be a great starter bike to. ill keep an eye on this thread if your interested let me know i can sell the xr right now, but the quad i like having and, i dont realy want to sell it hell i have fun on it.

Godzuki,

Where are you located at?

What year is it, and does it have reverse?

If it does, I might be interested.

Thanks,

Chad

The 400ex doesn't have reverse or auto clutch but I need to sell it so I thought I would post it.

I bought my wife an '88 Honda TRX250X. It was great and it had reverse. No electric start, but it always started on the first kick, no matter how long it sat in between rides. I think I paid 1900 bucks for it a few years back. If you can find one, its a great ride. She loved it but sold it after my friend broke his neck and back while we were riding in 2000. He's ok now, but she got scared and backed out of the sport.

Look for one of those if these other quads mentioned in this thread don't work out.

Givin your price range I'd say 300ex if a manuel clutch is OK,it's kinda a pain to shift into revese tho. the TRX250 is more or less the same thing w/o elec. start. they changed from 250 to 300ex in 92'. Honda makes a 250ex I think its a auto trans, shaft drive but I don't know the price range of these

well i have been thinking about his all day today. but first to answer your questions

1.im in kalamazoo

2.it is a 1986 and i bought it from the original owner who used it to pull his trash to the end of his realy long a_s drive way, and some occasional wood gathering with a small trailor.

3. yes it does have revers

4. oh yea it also has new chain and sprockets.

now onto what im thinking about

would you be interested in a deal for both the quad and the dirt bike kinda a combo package a 1986 honda trx200sx, and a 1994 honda xr 200 for say 3000. now im just throwing this out there id have to get finnal approval from wifey being the quad i bought for her, and she has grown attached to it. i know its slightly over your 2500 limit you set but its 2 for pretty much that same price, so if she wanted she could transition to the dirt bike later. if this is a interesting deal, then ill need a week or 2 as the xr has sat all winter and i know ill need to pull the carb and clean it as i forgot to put stabil in the gas.

ohh to add to the others post, my buddie had a 250x honda he loved his, i rode it a few times to a pretty nice quad, i had a suzuki 230 quadsport at that time that was a great little quad but also a manual clutch, but it was easy getting into reverse, a big down fall was its kick start you had to kick out away from the quad not kicking back like most.

qcustom,

Thanks, but I'll have to pass on yours. You should have no problem selling it.

Chad

Godzuki,

I might be interested in the quad, but I can't see my wife on two wheels.

I already have an XR400, so I don't think I could go down to a 200.

Thanks,

Chad

I forgot to mention a Warrior, you could probably find one of those well within your price range if not lower.

1500 and ill throw in a pair of fly 805 mx boots size 11 with only one ride on them and a black hjc med helmet to if you act now. hehe yea its 1500 and ill throw in the other stuff to. if you want me to send you some pic's let me know. i even have a pic of the boots. now wolfchild was there the day i forgot my alpine stars 4 hours away and had to buy these boots so he can vouch for the one ride i used them on. i still have the box they came with to.

now if i sell this then i might be willing to sell the quad to you chad 4372 for the same price 1500. i only have a few pics and they are from the snow chicken this year my wife rode it there the quad that is.

1500 and ill throw in a pair of fly 805 mx boots size 11 with only one ride on them and a black hjc med helmet to if you act now. hehe yea its 1500 and ill throw in the other stuff to. if you want me to send you some pic's let me know. i even have a pic of the boots. now wolfchild was there the day i forgot my alpine stars 4 hours away and had to buy these boots so he can vouch for the one ride i used them on. i still have the box they came with to.

now if i sell this then i might be willing to sell the quad to you chad 4372 for the same price 1500. i only have a few pics and they are from the snow chicken this year my wife rode it there the quad that is.

I swear he aint making this up. :naughty: How many shops did we stop at allong the way looking for boots once we realized what had happened? 2-3? :naughty:

You wife was PISSED. :D

yes indeedy she was pissed, and when she walks in the computer room here at the house where i keep all my riding gear street and dirt she occasionaly looks at them and gets pissed all over again. so please buy the bike so i can get rid of them or i may be killed.

well if i sell the dirt bike ill sell this quad to, i realy want to sell them both at the same time hint hint, but if anybody buys the dirt bike then ill sell this quad pronto. so ill shoot you either a pm or a email. when it happends.