Rider's report: Soft track/Hard ride.

I had nothing to do today so I took my bulldozer and did a track. It took no more than 10 minutes to do it, but since my riding skills are not that great, I built the track accordingly. It will most likely be destroyed by the employee tomorrow anyway. :naughty:

The dirt I'm using is really soft and mellow, never stays compact. Ruts build up really quickly. Since it's really soft, the only usable part of the track is on the bulldozer traces. So the track is in fact 40'' wide because I'm following the trace (the outside one for instance).

After two laps, there were ruts. No. There were ONE rut. One big rut all over the track. I had to keep the bike in that rut. shifting was not an issue, I could stay in 2nd but the rut was trowing me everywhere. Only me because the bike stayed in that damn rut. I had to manage to stay on top of the bike. The worse was that when I was not in the rut, I was in loose dirt, not really easy to ride nether. This loose dirt pulled the crap out of my 230 I'm telling you. There were no way I could go fast on that track. :D

There are good points though, the track was fun to ride, the two curves supported the bike rock solid so I could really get into it and when I fell, it was like falling on a mattress. :D

The track is an oval track with 2 hairpin, 1 SMALL tabletop (If I can call that a table top) and a set of 5 whoops.

The whoops are really awkward to build with a bulldozer but still fun to ride (for me). I don't really get air in the whoops (maybe a bit) and clear 5 foots on the table when I'm pinned :D (That's when I can keep balance on the runway ? ) It's such a small track but it just never give a break (then again, for me).

Here's pics (sorry for the quality :naughty: ):

Map:

map.jpg

track1.jpg

Fist curve:

Rturn1.jpg

Fjumpland.jpg

turn1.jpg

Whoops:

whoops1.jpg

whoops2.jpg

whoops3.jpg

Rwhoops1.jpg

Rwhoops2.jpg

Fwhoops.jpg

Bwhoops.jpg

Second curve:

bjump.jpg

Rturn2.jpg

turn2.jpg

Table:

bjumpland.jpg

fjump.jpg

jump.jpg

Rjump1.jpg

Rjump2.jpg

Rjump3.jpg

side.jpg

Here you go. Enjoy! :D

This is a ride report to share my experice (if any ? ) but any tips or comment would be really apreciated. :D

Cedric ?

Looks to me like you need to drop the blade a little and let it drag/push down on that dirt a little. Some pics it looks like its 2 ft higher in the middle of the dozer tracks. Its hard to tell in those pics though.

It's hard because when one track is in the middle, the other one is hanging off. I know it look messy, it's kind of a construction zone. It's also really hard to do something neat in that stuff, even more in that spot (it's close in a tight spot), but it was the only one who was dry enough. Then again, I took 10 minutes to do this track. :naughty:

But I will do an other one soon. I'll keep it updated.

I pulled out the bulldozer again and did what you told me. I packed the entire track. Wow! it's a completely new track! :D Both my friends and I could ride all over the track now. The ruts kept comming though. No problem, pull out the dozer and pack again. :naughty: The ATV also helped keeping the track packed. The jump was now usable but I found myself landing on the flat a couple of times. :D My 230 also remind me to never ride whoops sitting ? ! (see pics) But I have been able to save it. :D

Thank for all the help. :D

I'm the guy with the green ugly ( :D ) coat and the red motocross helmet:

zz.jpg

xx.jpg

vv.jpg

ss.jpg

nn.jpg

mm.jpg

ll.jpg

kk.jpg

jj.jpg

hh.jpg

gg.jpg

ff.jpg

dd.jpg

cc.jpg

bb.jpg

aa.jpg

How about you? Do you build small tracks just for fun? :naughty:

Cedric

Hey, it's me again! :D This is my 2nd and last update because the employee will get the job done tomorrow. ? Anyway, today I managed to build a tabletop out of that jump, Now I have a proper landing. :naughty: I also backed up the 2nd turn. Now it's way easier to get speed and balance for the jumps. It's also giving the time to break between the last whoop and the curve.

The table is sweet, I am really confident on it. However, the suspension is giving me a hard time even if I'm 125lb and land correctly on the throttle (See the first pic). I couldn't help looking back at the camera on the last shot though. :D (see last pic) Man I'll regret that track! :D

66.jpg

345.jpg

234.jpg

123.jpg

99.jpg

88.jpg

77.jpg

456.jpg

55.jpg

44.jpg

33.jpg

00.jpg