Sign in to follow this  

Mounting a Sendec Hour Meter

Where have you guys mounted your Sendec hour meters? Left side/right side, I can't make up my mind! :naughty: The left side looks like it has more room. Anyone have any pictures or suggestions?

I mounted the hour meter on the left hand side, but it is exposed when washing the bike. I have killed a unit already due to moisture.

Toolboy

I mounted mine on the outside of the frame on the right hand side, under the radiator cover. It is a bit awkward to see the time on the meter, but it is out of the way, can't get damaged or ripped off easily, and does not get direct spray from the power washer.

Mount it on the left hand side, on the frame spar, near the neck. if you get one with a tach. That way, you can read it when you adjust the throttle and fuel screw. :naughty: You can kinda see mine tucked behind the shroud, viewable through the slot:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=3724

Jimbo,

It looks like you are only using one zip ty to hold the unit to the frame. I'm assuming this keeps it in place?

Anyone use two sided tape or Velcro?

Jimbo,

It looks like you are only using one zip ty to hold the unit to the frame. I'm assuming this keeps it in place?

Anyone use two sided tape or Velcro?

Yes, there is a zip tie on it. But is mainly there just for insurance. I used the velcro that came with it too, which is probably enough to hold it, I just feel better with the zip tie. I also put a quick-disconnect plug about 6" from the unit, so I can just unplug it, and un-vecro it from the frame if I want to pressure wash the bike. So far, regular garden hose cleanings haven't bothered the meter, when left on the bike.

Out of the way and protected.

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

I like the idea of a quick disconnect. Hmmm.... I'll have to try that. Thanks for the idea.