XR250 Gearing Questions...??

Will the XR250 accept a 14 tooth front sprocket?

How many MPH will it gain on the road?

Will the stock chain still fit?

Yes a 14t will work. You will gain 7-10mph (if it has enough power to pull top end). Chain fit is a tossup: if the chain is stretched and your adjusters are maxed out it might, otherwise no. If you're chain has been on the bike for any length of time I would replace it anyway.

The change in gearing would be from 13:48 to 14:48. That is a 7.7% change. Your speed at the same RPM will increase by 7.7%. Almost all bikes have enough chain slack to accomodate a one tooth change in the front. That is because chain links can only be added in 2 link increments.

I put a 14 tooth on my 250 and it was able to use the stock chain. I also loved the difference in power. I'm going to use a 13/50 setup which is about halfway between stock and what a 14 tooth will give you with a stock rear sprocket.

I put a 14 tooth on my 250 and it was able to use the stock chain. I also loved the difference in power. I'm going to use a 13/50 setup which is about halfway between stock and what a 14 tooth will give you with a stock rear sprocket.

No that will give you lower gearing than stock... Maybe you mean 14/50?