Sign in to follow this  

how many supercross races have you been to

I was thinking back trying to remember how many supercross races I have been to. I have been to everyone in Houston since the early-mid 80's. Some of the best races I remember were in the 80's with guys like Ward, Johnson, Ron Lechian, Eric Kehoe, Jeff Staton, and them guys. I also miss the races in the Astrodome. Reliant Stadium seats more people but the floor of the dome is much bigger and allowed for better tracks in my opinion. The tracks in Reliant tend to be too small for me. Anyway, I was just thinking back to the good ole days of supercross.

Sadly, only three and all of them in SLC. Would have been four if the jerks

hadn't pulled SLC from the schedule.

Hmm, I don't know...good question. I used to go watch it in San Jose starting in the early 90's and haven't missed a single one since they started racing in San Francisco. I may have been to the dome when I lived in Houston, but I don't really remember. :naughty:

notta single one ever.. watched quite a few on tv.. i'd love to see the pro's in person though.. i seen tucker hibbert race here in minot north dakota 3 years ago and i thought he was amazingly fast.. couldnt imagine how fast bubba and rc are in person.

I have been to 3. The first was the "Last Superbowl of Motocross" at the L.A. Colliseum before the '84 Olympics. I went to Anaheim 2 last year and Anaheim 1 this year. I used to go to Corona Raceway back in the day. I've done some roadracing and have been to many more roadraces. In fact, I am going to Fontana next weekend followed the next week by the Vegas SX race.

Only one. Had to drive 9 hours to get there, Northern VA. - Atlanta, GA. Was the one just this year where RC and Reed battled it out for a solid 6-8 laps for the lead before Reed went down. Here are a few pics to go along with it. Takin from my seat in the rider/industry section :naughty:

IM000053.jpg

IM000054.jpg

Went to my first SX race in 1977, Atlanta Fulton Co. Stadium. Bob Hannah was carring the big #1. Got to see Marty Smith, Rex Staton, Mark Barnett and Jim Weinert. Spent many a night freezing my butt off, not to mention the rain. We used to have a few SX races here in the southeast, Atlanta, Orlando, Daytona, Charlotte, Tampa and Miami.

Used to hit Orlando, Tampa and Charlotte every year. Would hit Daytona when I could.

I've been to three races to spectate and raced 7 supercrosses.

Went to my first SX race in 1977, Atlanta Fulton Co. Stadium. Bob Hannah was carring the big #1. Got to see Marty Smith, Rex Staton, Mark Barnett and Jim Weinert. Spent many a night freezing my butt off, not to mention the rain. We used to have a few SX races here in the southeast, Atlanta, Orlando, Daytona, Charlotte, Tampa and Miami.

Used to hit Orlando, Tampa and Charlotte every year. Would hit Daytona when I could.

Houston as had a supercross every year from the very first season of supercross back in the early 70's. I would hate to see it taken off the schedule like other cities. I have only been to the Dallas supercross once though and that was last year. I was hoping to go to Dallas this year but the budget would not allow it. :naughty:

Atlanta has been fortunate enough tho have had one since the mid 70's. I think the first race was in 1976. To nice thing is, a little more than 1 hr drive.

I was glad to see Orlando back on the list. Didn't make this year, damned old work got in the way.

I was thinking back trying to remember how many supercross races I have been to. I have been to everyone in Houston since the early-mid 80's. Some of the best races I remember were in the 80's with guys like Ward, Johnson, Ron Lechian, Eric Kehoe, Jeff Staton, and them guys. I also miss the races in the Astrodome. Reliant Stadium seats more people but the floor of the dome is much bigger and allowed for better tracks in my opinion. The tracks in Reliant tend to be too small for me. Anyway, I was just thinking back to the good ole days of supercross.

all in seatle

1986(7?) - rick johnson wins 250 main

1994 - jeremy mcgrath

1999 - larry ward

2005 - james stewart