Sign in to follow this  

Over-shooting.

Pin the throttle in the same gear you took off in or a gear higher to keep your momentum going forward.

If there is a jump of turn immediately following... start praying.

Pin the throttle, keep your knees bent, and start prayin. Leaning back seems to help me but Im not sure if its a good idea or not.

I saw a video of a guy over clear a gap between two dunes (this guy overcleared a 120+ foot jump) and landed with the gas off and he was really busted up. Land with the gas on, the bike may bounce some but its better than bottoming hard and having your lack of momentum sending you over the handle bars.

Any of you have any tips on how to land if you over shoot a landing?

Let go of the handlebars and kick the bike away from you; say a quick prayer, then kiss your sweet a$$ goodbye.

Let go of the handlebars and kick the bike away from you; say a quick prayer, then kiss your sweet a$$ goodbye.

in my expirience you should almost never ditch your bike unless tangled with another rider or something. the one time i ditched my bike i got pretty busted up. to make the landing as smooth as possible lean back a little and land with the gas on

yea, just stay on and brace yourself, it isnt fun to overshoot anything. only ditch it if you are going to case it really bad, try to jump over the handlebars and land on the landing, yes i am serious

pinn the throttle, lean back and right before impact stiffen your neck so you don't smash your face into the bars (been there done that) it's not fun. I over jumped a 85' tripple and went about 95' and I landed it fine but my face def. met up with the bars :naughty:

keep your legs plenty stiff too i overshot a 90 foot camel back by about 20 feet and i thought i was gonna need a putty knife to scrape my balls off the seat.

i think casing is worse then overshooting in most cases. your balls dont forgive u in either situation for a while though :naughty:

yea, just stay on and brace yourself, it isnt fun to overshoot anything. only ditch it if you are going to case it really bad, try to jump over the handlebars and land on the landing, yes i am serious

Like Bubba did at Houston!!!

and then comeback on the main and ?