Sign in to follow this  

Penguins SLO DualSport

Did anyone ride the Pengiun's ride today? I was a volunteer, I saw a few DRZ's out there. I spent all day changing some dude's tire. Anyone roll through? I was at the first gas stop.

-kyle

I was at home estudio mucho espanol for a test this week. Next year I'm going no matter what!

You will spend all day changing someone's tire but wouldn't help some other DRZ rider, nice, I wouldn't need your help anyway, SEE there are two types of people out there, One's who help, and those who hurt, If there weren't so many sheep there wouldn't be so many lions /DAVE

Many years ago, I went to school in SLO. Now I get down there with the DRZ once a year in the winter. Where do you go on the dual sport ride? I have been most places SB to King City but you probably know some places I have not found yet. A lot of gates stop a lot of interesting looking places.

You will spend all day changing someone's tire but wouldn't help some other DRZ rider, nice, I wouldn't need your help anyway, SEE there are two types of people out there, One's who help, and those who hurt, If there weren't so many sheep there wouldn't be so many lions /DAVE

Huh? :naughty:

I rode on my blue DRZ. Borrowed a allen wrench from you gents at the gas stop. Thanks again. That ranch--the one that we exited at the gas stop--was some of the nicest trail I've ridden, just fun and fast, a couple of tight spots, and a couple hills to make it interesting.

I rode on my blue DRZ. Borrowed a allen wrench from you gents at the gas stop. Thanks again. That ranch--the one that we exited at the gas stop--was some of the nicest trail I've ridden, just fun and fast, a couple of tight spots, and a couple hills to make it interesting.

yes, I got to sweep the ranch only once, but it was definitely a sweet ride. I remember you and the allen.

The ride started up north somewhere near Pozo, next to the town of Atascadero. It went through about 5 different ranches, with road interconnections inbetween, and also hit the riding area of Pozo, including the infamous "stairsteps", and ended in the parking lot of Cal Poly CSU, in San Luis Obispo. I'm not entirely sure of the specifics, I was mainly concerned with the ranch I was working.

But all of the riders were stoked, and we provided an awesome lunch. If anyone is interested in participating next year, check out our website.

http://www.penguinsmc.com

Hope to see you all there :naughty:

-Kyle

I heard high mountain rd was closed and you had to ride up cuesta grade/hwy101 to get to pozo.

I like riding the pine mountain trail, but the stairsteps at the end suck!

yeah, the gate to the road was closed, we had no access. We got all the way to the ranch (near Pozo) at 7 am and I realized I left my air filter at home. So, I hopped on my unregistered, no tag E and rode 101 all the way back, and I don't even have a liscense! It was sketchy. But the CHP supposedly said they'd be turning their heads that day, knowing that 400 dirt bikers would be riding up 101 that day!

TOM - do you go to school here in SLO? You wanna ride sometime?

-Kyle

Those stairsteps left their mark on my White Bros. skip plate--which did its job nicely.

I live out in Los Osos, I work in SLO and go to Cuesta. I ride pozo and ballenger regularly. I'm thinking of going to clear creek this weekend. I'd be glad to meet up with you some time.

:D:D:D

I cant believe I missed it, Im such a knuckle head. On Sunday, I saw a million dual sports in SLO, then it dawned on me, the Annual Penguins ride. :naughty:

Oh well, I went riding in Pozo on Monday instead :naughty:

Tom, we gotta hook up on a ride, my knee is doin a little better. Im a Goin to hollister May 8th and 9th, cant wait. Any other SLO area riders, email me jcailliet@hotmail.com Lets go ride :cry:

Went there, did that, Had a blast :naughty: . all the people that were there helping out were great help. No attitudes even when you stall out mid slope and they come help you get going again :naughty: . Realy cool private ranch loops, especial liked the last one, the Hard Ranch. Can't say enough about the guys that helped and put that ride together. :D see ya next year

RMBR343 :D

02 DRZ s

Went there, did that, Had a blast :D . all the people that were there helping out were great help. No attitudes even when you stall out mid slope and they come help you get going again :naughty: . Realy cool private ranch loops, especial liked the last one, the Hard Ranch. Can't say enough about the guys that helped and put that ride together. :cry: see ya next year

RMBR343 :D

02 DRZ s

:naughty::D

yeah we're just a bunch o' beer drinkin' knuckleheads always willing to help and maybe ride a bike every now and then :D

I'm going to put in 50 miles at pozo sunday morning. anyone interested?