Sign in to follow this  

Kiethco severely injured on Penguins ride

Well, sorta.....I have a beginning of a blister on my right thumb from pushing the electric starter on my new Ktm!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this bike, it has it all. Power, ergonomics, digital trip computer with remote, and an intense maintenance schedule. Oh well, It's a small trade off for now. Thanks Dale for everything, the prep work, the advice, the work installing parts and having the bike turnkey for the Penguins ride. Now where's my band-aid! woooo-hoooooooooooooooooooo

Well, sorta.....I have a beginning of a blister on my right thumb from pushing the electric starter on my new Ktm!!!!!!!!!!!

You poor bastard. :naughty:

Not to mention the spontaneous parking lot kickstand failures...probably couldn't take the added weight of all of those trick new parts.

Not funny Kieth

A guy hit a tree at Pozo and ended up with a compound femur fracture. He was airlifted to Goleta. Haven't heard anything more though.

I'm glad you like the new bike though.

James, do you know who he was, where he was from? I heard from Dale the guy was on a fireroad and hit a tree.

I heard that guy endo'd over a cliff on the 'hard' split at Pozo. I guess the story just got bigger and bigger with each telling. That was a great ride - thumbs up and thank you to the organizers and volunteers. Anyone care to post some pics as I accidentally deleted all my pics from my camera - DOH!

All I know about him is he was up here with his whole family. I dont know his name or where he lives though except that he wasnt from around here.

I heard something about an older gentleman going off the side hard, but refusing treatment and finished the ride.

Lastly there was a jackass who went off the edge a few feet down a couple hundred yards past the steps then tried to ride down to the ravine and follow it out. He got stuck at the bottom. A few of the Penguins pushed the bike up the hill a good 100-150 yards maybe more. I have some pictures of them pushing it.

XR250DR,

Would this older guy be in his 30's? Everyone is old to you, thats why your in school.

I stopped to help the rider with the broken leg. It looked like the bone had gone through his riding gear. He was with his family. I offered him a blanket and my riding jacket to keep him warm, however another rider said that they had plenty stuff to keep him warm.

Dale

I honestly dont know how old the guy was. I'm just repeating what I heard from another Penguin. They said he looked pretty beat up from the fall but kept on going.

'Older' to me is mid fifties minimum. :naughty:

The guy that rode his bike into the bottom of the ravine was probably in his late 30's.

mid-fifties ??? and, still alive at an age like that ?? ... sheesh, how ancient !

mid-fifties ??? and, still alive at an age like that ?? ... sheesh, how ancient !

Ohh shut up. I said older, not dead. :naughty:

You can groan all you want, I'm sure I'll be doing the same thing in 30 years.

I remember passing a group of guys helping a guy who had missed a turn and went down a smaller ravine. This was before the stair and was in a right hand turn. The drop off was only about 20-30 feet but looked a bit steep to ride back up. It didn't look like anyone was hurt, the biked looked OK, and there were already plenty of helpers so we kept going.

Get a Rekluse clutch in that new KTM and it will eliminate at least 1/2 of your button pushing. Think of your poor abused thumb will ya :naughty:

I've ridden a couple bikes with the Rekluse or Rev-lok. I'm gonna spend that money on suspension first, then maybe a auto clutch. I'm still healing up anyway. I might take the band-aid off today and see if the blister went down. Oh the agony!

Dale, that was a great one!!! :naughty::naughty:

I can only sit here and wish i could go, but sitting these months out and getting stuff organized will have me itching for riding by October.

Kieth, did you fit into those new Moose Pants yet? Now all you need to do it start wearing all the orange gear like all the other KTM Riders. You know there is a soft button switch KTM makes that goes with their seat.

A few years and I'll be ready for one too. By then maybe James will be ready to step up to a '97 XR440! :D

Great thread, I can't wait to get my dual sport and I'm definitely going to ride the Penguins next year. I'm a Cal Poly alum and when I was there they were still putting on an enduro (shows my age I guess). The central coast is the most beautiful place in CA.

Nayther, we'll see you at Jockos Saturday night for carb loading!