Sign in to follow this  

Can sum1 in JPN order supermoto Speedo?

Hey guys,

Sorry for a repeat of this topic - but is there anyone who could help me out? I am getting quite desperate in looking to order a drz400sm speedo unit, part#: 54600-29F10. I want to convert my Blue Beast to supermoto but need the speedo unit - I commute on the bike and can't risk the speed cameras!

I remember some time ago someone on TT was offering to buy and send them, out of the kindess of their hearts.

I am in the UK and at present there is no due date for these units - I have one on order, but it's been on order for a couple months now.

If someone could do this, could they PM me with details?

many thanks!

Oops, I forgot to answer your PM. IIRC, they are about $36 USD, which is like 1 GBP or something.

Send me $40 through paypal and your address and I'll order one. If it's any more, I'll let you know.

My paypal address will be in a PM to you.

The Part number now comes up in the Suzuki parts system, but its on back order already. :naughty:

Well, I'm going to go place the order on Thursday, so if anyone wants one, now is the time to let me know.

what is different about the japan speedo?

It is the correct gear for the 17" wheels. No more reading 100mph when you are going 3 mph.

And Isaw is the man :naughty: . He threw a couple extra schillings and a sixpence my way. Us silly Americans and our worthless dollar. Now I know how the Russians and their Rubles feel.

Well, I'm going to go place the order on Thursday, so if anyone wants one, now is the time to let me know.

Please PM me the info. I would like to order one .

Thanks

John

Hey Denroll,

I'd be interested in one as well. Also, I was thinking of taking off the computer and just putting an anolog speedo on. Kind of an old school look. I don't use the trip meters and it is much more than I need so I'd like to clean up the look a bit. Will the speedo cable fit regular speedos? Thanks for any info.

Chuck

that would be cool. An anolog speedo. post some pics if you get one up and running. I think that an analog would be easier to read anyway.

OK, I have the following people getting a speedo gear:

-Isaw

-DRZ John

-Mattv

-XR Chuck (fo shizzle!)

Only 24 hours left until I go make the order.

OK, I have the following people getting a speedo gear:

-Isaw

-DRZ John

-Mattv

-XR Chuck (maybe)

Only 24 hours left until I go make the order.

You can take the (maybe) off my name. PayPal sent. :naughty:

THANKS!!!

Chuck.

Wohoo, it's a Speedo party!

That's 5 so far. Damn, I have to go get a bunch of Yen.

Oh, yeah...did I say forty dollars for a speedo gear? I meant to say one thousand dollars, so if you all could just send me the remaining nine hundred sixty dollars, that would be great :naughty:

I need one to :naughty: I hope you send it to Sweden?

Pls give me the freight cost and i pay by paypal :naughty:

Up to 6 now.

DRZ Swede says these are $130 USD in Sweden!!!

Hey Denroll,

I'd be interested in one as well. Also, I was thinking of taking off the computer and just putting an anolog speedo on. Kind of an old school look. I don't use the trip meters and it is much more than I need so I'd like to clean up the look a bit. Will the speedo cable fit regular speedos? Thanks for any info.

Chuck

According to one of these posts, yes.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248805&parentpage=2

Why are these speedo gears only available in Japan? You'd think since they sell the SM elsewhere, you'd be able to get parts for them.