Sign in to follow this  

Graphics Help!!

I have put a new set of graphics on my bike....but it is not sticking in some places and peeling up after just acouple rides, the graphics look good on the bike, but won't stay put in a few places, was wondering what kind of adhesive(glue) people have had good luck with reappling the graphics, I have tryed the gorilla glue, but not having as good a luck with it as others have thought I might, was wondering of any other ideals folks might have...

Thanx

Bob

I have put a new set of graphics on my bike....but it is not sticking in some places and peeling up after just acouple rides, the graphics look good on the bike, but won't stay put in a few places, was wondering what kind of adhesive(glue) people have had good luck with reappling the graphics, I have tryed the gorilla glue, but not having as good a luck with it as others have thought I might, was wondering of any other ideals folks might have...

Thanx

Bob

OK, good question. This is harder than a desert race.

Firt off, if you have them on and the are coming loose you did not do proper prep OR the stickers sucked. Either way Uncle D is gonna set you up.

First you need A NEEDLE!! All the bubbles need to be nailed with a needle while you prees them down with your thumb. YOUR THUMB NEEDS TO BE COVERED WITH CLOTH OR A PAPER TOWEL!! Thos bubbles will vanish.

Now, as far as edges coming loose, you will need to be patient. Gorilla Glue (I hate to tell ya) was a HUGE mitake for this particular project. What you need is contact cement for the edges whic will not stay down. Pull them back as far as you dare, and clean off the whole shebang with LAQUER TINNER in very very sparse amounts. This will remove tho original sticky on the grapicc, and dissolve any of it it caomes in contact with, so BE CAREFUL!!

If these are RadGurd covers take them off and put them flat where you can work on them in good light.

Apply a little too much contacct cement, pressit together, and wipe off the majority of the excess, then peel it back and hit it with a blow dryer for a minute. Then smoothe it back down from the rearward HARD and firm. If there are bubbles, use the needle agian.

Leave the excess glue on for a few days to harden. Then go at the excess with a shop cloth with skimpy amounts of laquer thinner again.

If that don't work I'll eat my Stetson. :naughty:

...and hold the parts together with a clamp for 24 hours if possible.