230 headlight done.

I was asked to post pictures so here they are:

230a.jpg

cdi strapped between frame and tank- rubber for mounting bracket left on.

230b.jpg

used the cdi mounting bracket to mount a sealed toggle switch to, which is bolted where the front number plate was fastened (green spot so my wife knows where on is). Thats also where I attached the ground for the light. Took power from the blk wire out of the igntion switch(key) to a 5amp sealed fuse, then toggle to light.

230d.jpg

Had to wrap a piece of bicycle inner tube around the forks to make it secure, then zap strap it.

230c.jpg

Only used low beam, no running light nor bright.

Are you running a voltage regulator?? Have you had the stator rewound for more volts?? I hooked up an acerbis kit to my 230 and blew the lights within 5 min, had the stator rewound to 90v, any suggestions on a voltage regulator? :naughty:

Are you running a voltage regulator?? Have you had the stator rewound for more volts?? I hooked up an acerbis kit to my 230 and blew the lights within 5 min, had the stator rewound to 90v, any suggestions on a voltage regulator? :naughty:

No voltage regulator, I just run a 35w bulb, 5amp fuse. No problems.

Looks great! Just out of curiousity, why did you wire it onto low-beam instead of high-beam?

doesn't matter which beam, I like to light up directly in front of the bike. personal preference I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a 2005, here in Canada it is mandatory to have lights if you ride on Crown land. Still confused about wiring a 35w light. Where abouts in the circuit do I wire it to? In addition where should the ground be located?

so far enjoying the bike!!!

?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey... mine's done too! Well, actually the 230 is my wife's bike. Riding isn't as high on her priority list as mine, but she's such an awesome lady, I was really jazzed to get her bike set up just like mine.

The headlight is some old Acerbis thing I scammed off eBay for cheap. It has a 35/35W dual-filament bulb with an extra DRL. The tail light assembly also came from Acerbis. I don't remember what the model number is, but it's a newer design. Horn and switch came from RMC for cheap.

Special thanks to scuitto and others who helped me get ideas for this conversion! ?

His and hers (Mustard & Ketchup):

ketchupandmustard.jpg

Hers alone:

hers_alone.jpg

Daytime running light:

hers_drl.jpg

Low beam:

hers_lo_beam.jpg

High beam:

hers_hi_beam.jpg

Tail:

hers_tail.jpg