Sign in to follow this  

U.S. WR250F vs. Canadian WR250

Am I correct That the only difference between these bikes is the Canadian WR 250 doesn't need the greywire unplug or throttle stop cut mods? Are they exlactly the same other than this? Thanks, Sorry if this has already been addressed. J.

you've got the grey wire right but the pipe on the canadian has a cone tip to it but the us modle has to turndown tip to it both very fast you cant go wrong

thats the yz's, the wr's exhaust looks the same in both canadian and us models the only difference is the canadian model's baffle is not removable like on the us model.

A couple other differences are the CDN bikes come with Dunlop 755's instead of the 739's and extra rings, gaskets and muffler packing. At least my YZ did, I guess the WR does too.

posted April 30, 2002 07:01 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just received my Canadian 2002 WR 250 F. I also had a CDN 2001. They do not have a grey (gray?) wire. In fact the 2001 CDI is a different part number from either US bike. My 01 and 02 WRs came with the exact jetting as a US YZ 250 F, with only a leaner main jet. You still need to retard the cam to YZ spec. On our 2001's, we YZ timed em', tried stock YZ, FMF Titanium, Q and Bomb, they run great with each exhaust set up! I prefer the Q. No problems of any type.......they start easy and haul ass!

can someone explain to me what the grey wire exactly does to the 06 wr250,and what is the result for disconnecting it,is it part of a rev limiter,yes / no, also throttle stop screw...thanks

can someone explain to me what the grey wire exactly does to the 06 wr250,and what is the result for disconnecting it,is it part of a rev limiter,yes / no, also throttle stop screw...thanks

Dude this thread is from 2002!! why did you post in it!!!

Try this http://www.thumperfaq.com/gray_wire.htm , check out the rest of the site for some good info for your bike.

Am I correct That the only difference between these bikes is the Canadian WR 250 doesn't need the greywire unplug or throttle stop cut mods? Are they exlactly the same other than this? Thanks, Sorry if this has already been addressed. J.

That and the jetting is very different. I'm not sure about the CDI numbers but the exhust baffle IS removable. My 98 wr400 baffle was not removable :thumbsup:

In about a year from now I should be move to SC so maybe you could just try it your self. :thumbsup:

Yes it does, but you can buy a smog removal kit from Yamaha for about $50 Canadain. It will take about 1-11/2 hours to put the smog kit on.