Anybody from Long island, NY

hey gp. There is a site www.liorv.org and its great for guys like us. I havent had a lot of time to participate but now that schools about to be over i will be. Its all guys from LI. BTW, i heard there is going to be a new track being built? in manorville? this true? I go to Stonybrook so i figure that i might go to the track/s after classes.

PAULZ, its kinda far from you. Id say about 2 hours.

LIORV is a waste of time. They lost their track because of the neighbors complaining.

There are no plans to build a track in Manorville, don't believe the hype from those guys or send them donations.. The are selective as to who they let post on their site, anytime a person asks about where the moneys goes...they ban them. Suffolk County is also investigating them because of complaints from past members

Those smucks also got impounded for ridding in West Hampton last summer.

o really?! WEll i havent attended any of the meetings yet but from what i can tell, its teh only organization with any kind of a fight for riding on LI. Supposadly theres a rally to legalize riding on LI out in riverhead coming up. Supposadly its pretty important. I think i might go. As far as manorville, ive heard from others thats its actually up and opening soon. Guess ill wait to see it with my own eyes. Where do u usually ride? Looking for riding buddy/ies at all?

Dual Sport and Dirt Bike I live on the North Fork. Your info about Manorville is wrong, there is a small backyard track about 3 acres across from the Hess station on Wading River Road that I went to once in a while but the owner of the land died and it closed. Most of the time they are confused with Yaphank and the new track opening near McArther Airport.

yeah actually come to think of it, the track that is supposadly about to be opened is near some airport. In ronkonkama. Who knows. Hopefully your wrong (no offense) and there is a track opening up. Im sick of the monopoly yaphank has and im sick of not being able to ride.

Its cool, I did not mean to be short with you. I have to type when the boss is not looking. I just don't want to see some poor person get nailed in Manorville they impound you as soon as your tires hit the dirt there. I got caught to and impound and $2,800.00 bucks

yeah i see what you mean. They monitor my comp use at work too. Now that i just finished school, im going to do some research on this supposed new track. Either that, or ill be buying a pass to Yaphank really soon. I used to go to PA all the time to ride, but now TRAXX is closed so locally, theres only trail riding to ride.

I'm over that way too, I can't believe they still ride there. My brother said an ambulance was there twice on Sunday for crashes...ugh.

I dual sport to but downgraded to a DR-200.....almost died on the 400.

That would be awesome ? , It is hard to believe with LI population that we have no place to ride. With the tagged dual sport I just explore any trail I see, been lucky so far haven't been hassled. If you guys want to get out let me know. -John

i live in westhampton and need to ride. im tempted to hit the trails in the pine barrens. does anyone have any semi legal spots or is ypank the only track? some one must have a practice track in the woods somewhere. stop holding out, give it up, ill pay or groome it for you.

chris

I ride a Dual Sport here on Long Island. I had just started riding trails when people started to get their rides seized.

At least I can still street ride, but it does suck having to leave the Island to ride trails.

i live in westhampton and need to ride. im tempted to hit the trails in the pine barrens. does anyone have any semi legal spots or is ypank the only track? some one must have a practice track in the woods somewhere. stop holding out, give it up, ill pay or groome it for you.

chris

Chris I see trails off of Sunrise between West Hampton Beach and Hampton Bays on both sides of the highway, have yet to check it out. I was also told of an area that off of exit 71 LIE that used to go all the way to Hampton Bays. Also off of county road 51 in eastport and Manorville. Now if the weather gets nice I will do some exploring on my Dual sport and report back.

That would be awesome ? , It is hard to believe with LI population that we have no place to ride. With the tagged dual sport I just explore any trail I see, been lucky so far haven't been hassled. If you guys want to get out let me know. -John

thats the problem!!!....the LI population. There are so many damn people moving closer and closer together and further and further east, that theres less and less open lots. There all being destroyed for condo's and communities. Then where they are still open areas, theres houses all around them now so people complain about the noise. Long island is becoming way too overdeveloped. Its ridiculous!!!!